Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Black Friday - The Revenge

Black Friday - The Revenge

Old Nov 26th 2005, 2:05 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black Friday - The Revenge

This morning MSNBC has been repeatedly showing a clip of a Black Friday store opening stampede in which several people get knocked down in the rush: right at the front is a middle aged woman whose wig falls off as she hits the ground and who can be seen desparately trying to cram it back on as she lies there being trampled on. Shouldn't laugh, but I did - lots.

Last edited by elfman; Nov 26th 2005 at 2:25 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Radio 5 Drive had a piece yesterday.

The Retail spokesman they interviewed - Randy Conception...

Produced a bit of a giggle.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by elfman
This morning MSNBC has been repeatedly showing a clip of a Black Friday store opening stampede in which several people get knocked down in the rush: right at the front is a middle aged woman whose wig falls off as she hits the ground and who can be seen desparately trying to cram it back on as she lies there being trampled on. Shouldn't laugh, but I did - lots.

Dont let my wife know they caught that on film, she'll be mortified!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Hate shopping. Can't be bothered to race round stores in search of a cheap telly/dvd/whatever, and definitely not if it involves getting out of bed when I don't have to.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:02 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Personally I couldnt be arsed with all that mucking around to save a few dollars on stuff I dont need anyhow...I prefer to spend a rare lie in with my wife and have some time with the kids afterwards. But, er, good luck to those that do.
yeah me too

there isn't a sale out there that could convince me to venture out....solitaires for $2? ..bah humbug!! you know 100's of other buggers have been camping out there for hours and would skin you alive before letting you near the door ........pmsl..when I first moved here a neighbour and her daughter braved Toy R US....Toys R..Us I tell you!...... a kids store...anyway when the associates came to unlock the doors an all mighty rush ensued people got their faces squashed against the glass..they couldn't or were too afraid to open the doors and a scuffle almost broke out into a fight....ahh you've got to laugh ...wouldn't it be great it they had a show that showed you all the people scrambling for the sales?...you could laugh at them from the comfort of your own home.....i might just have a million dollar idea there!!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:27 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

camping out overnight outside of stores - not for me, my time is worth more to me than a few dollars off a product or two!

Ant
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:26 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Black Friday - The Revenge

I'd hazzard a guess that over 90% of the goods purchased on Black Friday were "bargains" manufactured in China. Nothing like supporting the demise of the American manufacturing industry...

NC Penguin
Old Nov 28th 2005, 2:47 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

It's all a big bloody scam if you ask me. They say the sale is only for 5 hours or whatever, but if you go a few days later, you can find the same deal. Hubby found an IRiver thing that he wanted, about $60 off, so we went on Saturday & got it then, there was about 10 people in Best Buy & there didn't seem to be any empty shelves.

We were also gonna go down to Frys Electronics for 2 video games that we are giving as gifts, but just showed the ad to the guys at Best Buy & they price matched it, so we saved another $30 & didn't have to waste any petrol either!

My hubby thinks I'm the best wife in the world, cuz I hate shopping! I also know how to find a superb deal too, all you have to do is look in the ads & compare prices, saves you loads!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:07 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Ex-husband went to Fry's for a mongo LCD TV on some huge bargain. No way do I need a TV that big.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:14 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lizzi
Hate shopping. Can't be bothered to race round stores in search of a cheap telly/dvd/whatever, and definitely not if it involves getting out of bed when I don't have to.
What did we do before amazon??!!

I didnt leave the house until saturday night
and that wasnt for shopping
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chorlton
What did we do before amazon??!!
Precisely. I have a perfectly functioning DVD from Amazon for $34 (inc del). No need to prostrate myself at Walmart at 5 in the morning when a quick net surf will get something slung on the doorstep instead.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:17 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
I got up before I went to bed, walked the 120 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart ...
No doubt thru the snow and uphill both ways like my dad's story about going to school??
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by ironporer
No doubt thru the snow and uphill both ways like my dad's story about going to school??
I was going to say that but thought it would make my tale less believable.