Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Black Friday - The Revenge

Black Friday - The Revenge

Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Black Friday - The Revenge

Unbelieveable - i just had to experience this for myself and i can assure you i wont be doing it again!!

As i pulled into Best Buy at 5:10 people were already leaving - i couldnt find a space for the car! All the huge deals were sold out and i didnt really fancy queuing for half an hour for the handful of DVDs i had picked up!

Still at least the drive to work was easy
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:19 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Black Friday - The Revenge

Originally Posted by Big D
Unbelieveable - i just had to experience this for myself and i can assure you i wont be doing it again!!

As i pulled into Best Buy at 5:10 people were already leaving - i couldnt find a space for the car! All the huge deals were sold out and i didnt really fancy queuing for half an hour for the handful of DVDs i had picked up!

Still at least the drive to work was easy

Sorry you didn't have any luck. After DH and I had agreed it just wasn't worth it, he surprised me at 6:30 this morning with a kiss good-bye as he headed out to Wal-Mart. (This would have been his first experience with Black Friday, as well.) I thought to myself, "They've been open since 5am; he won't find a thing," but he rang from the store at 7am saying he had the 15" flat panel LCD television ($194); Portable DVD Player ($79.86) and a few other small odds and ends! Not bad!

Of course, these aren't Christmas pressies for anyone other than ourselves, which I suspect is the case with many Black Friday shoppers.

Happy holidays to all...
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
Sorry you didn't have any luck. After DH and I had agreed it just wasn't worth it, he surprised me at 6:30 this morning with a kiss good-bye as he headed out to Wal-Mart. (This would have been his first experience with Black Friday, as well.) I thought to myself, "They've been open since 5am; he won't find a thing," but he rang from the store at 7am saying he had the 15" flat panel LCD television ($194); Portable DVD Player ($79.86) and a few other small odds and ends! Not bad!

Of course, these aren't Christmas pressies for anyone other than ourselves, which I suspect is the case with many Black Friday shoppers.

Happy holidays to all...
Cool! Well done that man!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Cool! Well done that man!

we picked up 3 DVD recorders for $68 each, a coffe maker for $3 and a few odds and ends.... now we're going to brave fry's electronics....
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Personally I couldnt be arsed with all that mucking around to save a few dollars on stuff I dont need anyhow...I prefer to spend a rare lie in with my wife and have some time with the kids afterwards. But, er, good luck to those that do.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:12 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Personally I couldnt be arsed with all that mucking around to save a few dollars on stuff I dont need anyhow...I prefer to spend a rare lie in with my wife and have some time with the kids afterwards. But, er, good luck to those that do.
That about sums my thoughts up too
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

My step daughter had to be at work at 5am this morning for the store opening at 6am. I seriously cannot be bothered to get to a store in the AM for a lousy 10 to 20% off. A Circuit City store here opened at midnight
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:30 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not getting up early to buy last year models at a sell out price. All the stuff you want (like the nano and xbox) are advertised at exactly the same price you could buy them at last week. I bought by Nano online on the Apple website in September for the same price (including shipping) that they are on "sale" for in Best Buys today.

If I want obsolute useless junk I'd marry myself!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:22 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
That about sums my thoughts up too

Seeing as I finally got out of my pit at 11am .....the best bargains will be gone ..plus the wife is still sound asleep. I suppose I will have to try Overstocked.com if I want a bargain

Time to put some beer in the fridge .. dig out the old Fools and Horses DVD's and forget all about bargain hunting ....did someone say David Dickenson
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

not bad bargains for x-mas presents, but alas, the missus had to work this morning and with the weather being shite, we headed back from grandmothers lastnight...so missed another excuse to be miserable shopping
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbor+friend cancelled on me... one got the flu and the other's son was ill... so I got to sleep in until 11. Which was a good thing also after downing a huge bottle of wine with the wives of two of hubby's friends last night.

Elaine
Old Nov 25th 2005, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a couple of things that I would have bought if I could have had them for the sale price and if I was not babysitting.

The Wife and Daughter spent $300 in Kohls, but then she gets a 15% discount on top of that for using her Charge Card and a $50 voucher to spend next week.

I have no idea of the quality, but the quantity was very impressive.

I got 3 pairs of Levis for what I think was a tenner each in real money.

Dog got nothing.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:15 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I got up before I went to bed, walked the 120 miles to the nearest Wal-Mart camped out all night in a thinsulator sleeping bag, drinking luke warm weak tea from a thermos, having a good old time with all the other bargain hunters that also camped out (in their RV's).

Got pissed on while sleeping by 3 stray dogs and arrested for vagrancy but it was worth it for the $6 bucks I saved on the 156 inch flat screen TV.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:46 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Got pissed on while sleeping by 3 stray dogs and arrested for vagrancy but it was worth it for the $6 bucks I saved on the 156 inch flat screen TV.
Dude! That's gonna kick ass with my X-Box!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 2:23 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Think about this, Thanksgiving everyone eats tons and tons of Turkey and the next day you are going to spend time in stores absolutly full of people doing turkey farts!!!!

I have decided to change its name from Black Friday to Turkey Fart day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.