Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Black Friday drivers bloody nightmare!!

Black Friday drivers bloody nightmare!!

Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:03 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Black Friday drivers bloody nightmare!!

So I decide to work today and off I go to Walnut Creek,(hey there Steerpike
anyway oh my god the bloody awful drivers out there, it was unreal, they should never be let lose on the freeway, the ones that only take the car out for special occasions clueless.....some w.nker nearly re-ended me in Dublin just before my exit, they were changing lanes no signal, going 50mph in the left lane :curse:stay at home next year or get someone who knows how to drive take you..

I have vented

Last edited by Poppy girl; Nov 28th 2008 at 10:07 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black Friday drivers bloody nightmare!!

Ha! I knew it! I just sent you a note saying I hoped you took the long w/e off. Shoulda known....
Did you get any bargains? I woke up too late to be of any use, not that I'd go out in those crowds. And I DID get rear ended this week, stopped at a grrrrr red light! Idgits. It *was* right by the swanky mall that it happened too..
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:22 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Traffic was mayhem. I brought a $40 Laser mouse for $15 at Fry's. Got it home, it's crxp. I'll take it back when there's no traffic

a lot of people buying stuff that I can't see the retailers making ANY money on.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:25 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

And whilst I'm here moaning. WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE NAMED *DAYS* FOR EVERYTHING. Black Friday - what a joke. Now of course, i can't wait till Monday, cause it's CYBER MONDAY (where people shop on line at work). Given most people are afraid of their jobs, I can't se them shopping at work and don't most people have home computers.

Grrr. makes me sick.. Happy Black-Cyber weekend
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:25 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
So I decide to work today and off I go to Walnut Creek,(hey there Steerpike
anyway oh my god the bloody awful drivers out there, it was unreal, they should never be let lose on the freeway, the ones that only take the car out for special occasions clueless.....some w.nker nearly re-ended me in Dublin just before my exit, they were changing lanes no signal, going 50mph in the left lane :curse:stay at home next year or get someone who knows how to drive take you..

I have vented
Should of stayed home in bed.......
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

At least you were not trampled to death....

It happened.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:48 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

It happened.
Yes I saw that at Wal-mart hey
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You nut you, poppy. BF is not the time to do any driving. Now you know why I stayed home all day and didn't venture out of the apartment. Tomorrow is time enough to do what I need to do this weekend. At least if you were rear-ended, you would have collected for car damages and "personal" injury.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Why is it called black friday - never heard of it before?
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
You nut you, poppy. BF is not the time to do any driving. Now you know why I stayed home all day and didn't venture out of the apartment. Tomorrow is time enough to do what I need to do this weekend. At least if you were rear-ended, you would have collected for car damages and "personal" injury.
Maybe I should go back out again later can't get a buyer for my car, might be a solution
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:26 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler

It happened.
Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Yes I saw that at Wal-mart hey
At least he didn't have to worry about the traffic on the way home from work
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:29 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Why is it called black friday - never heard of it before?

Because a good shopping day today means the retailer will now have their accounts in the black instead of in the red.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice

I'm a tractor trailer driver for a big retail company, i wont say who, just that us on the insde call it Wally World
If you think it's bad shopping then you should try makeing a delivery to the stores on Black Friday To say it's a bloody nightmare is being nice, cars parked in the loading docks, you have to have a manager there to TRY and keep it clear so you can back in and switch trailers
On my schedule now i have Fridays off but the other drivers that have to work try everything to get the day off there's allso a lot of flu going around today nudge nudge
Anyway thanks to all of you that did charge bravely into the frey no matter where you shop

Charles
Old Nov 29th 2008, 1:33 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see the gun fight at the Toys -R - Us in California. Two dead

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...9S87.DTL&tsp=1
Old Nov 29th 2008, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Did you see the gun fight at the Toys -R - Us in California. Two dead

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...9S87.DTL&tsp=1
Socal the rough area only to be expected

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.