Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Black Friday

Wikiposts

Black Friday

Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black Friday

The temps up here haven't been above freezing for 2 weeks and yet when we passed a major shopping area yesterday there were people camped out ready for the black Friday bargains. Having worked in retail for far too long I avoid black Friday like the plague, most of the bargains aren't, outgoing models on laptops and electronics that would have been discounted sooner or later anyways and in my experience cheap clothes that are shipped in just for the event and practically unsaleable afterwards. If you are looking for something specific and its on sale on black Friday they by all means grab it.
Remember its only a bargain if you needed it in the first place.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 11:51 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I braved the stores in Auburn and Grass Valley, no problem at all no busier then a Saturday
Old Nov 27th 2011, 4:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky

My Amazon cart is huge, I'm just waiting to see if anything comes down in the sale before ordering, some of it is furniture so can't imagine it will be reduced.
You buy anything from Amazon that goes down in price within 30 days, they'll refund the difference, so no point in waiting if you really need stuff.

As for us, rather excited to finally get a new car battery on the cheap, getting a bit sick of having to use the booster box to jump the car in the morning.

Also got new headlight bulb that blew out on the way to Maine, and a new brake like bulb that has been out for a while.

Really exciting stuff.

Now the stupid blipper on the car isn't working...hope I don't need to get to a dealer to resync the keys.