Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Black Friday

Wikiposts

Black Friday

Old Nov 14th 2011, 1:56 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Black Friday

I noticed Amazon are offering pre-Black Friday deals, along their usual lines of releasing X quantity at a discounted price. You buy it and check out fairly quickly or you miss out.

There have been a few lego deals today and a few computer accessories.

Certain movies also seem very cheap with no quick buy rules.

Could be good for stocking fillers if you don't want to pounce too early on big sticker items.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 3:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black Friday

I noticed they did this last year...and I missed out on anything I'd wanted

Too skint this year to make use of BF deals which is a bugger, but oh well...the missus has the time off this year, so be nice to be a slug
Old Nov 15th 2011, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Check out http://bfads.net/

/not affiliated.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 11:00 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I like to go and have a nose but Its Cyber Monday that's got the online deals....I need a new Laptop desperately but won't buy online I need to be able to see it in reality before I decide, My ACER has just about died and on it's last legs
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 11:07 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I like to go and have a nose but Its Cyber Monday that's got the online deals....I need a new Laptop desperately but won't buy online I need to be able to see it in reality before I decide, My ACER has just about died and on it's last legs
Best Buy are already advertising some of the laptops they will have in the sale, some are as low as $199. You could go look today and see if you like any of them and then get one online?

My Amazon cart is huge, I'm just waiting to see if anything comes down in the sale before ordering, some of it is furniture so can't imagine it will be reduced.

I've also got some stuff in my Crate and Barrel cart which is already on sale, see if it comes down anymore. Going to have a look around BBB while the little one is climbing, need some new wine glasses and cutlery, so i'll get some in mind and see if they are in the online sale on Friday
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 11:26 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Best Buy are already advertising some of the laptops they will have in the sale, some are as low as $199. You could go look today and see if you like any of them and then get one online?

My Amazon cart is huge, I'm just waiting to see if anything comes down in the sale before ordering, some of it is furniture so can't imagine it will be reduced.

I've also got some stuff in my Crate and Barrel cart which is already on sale, see if it comes down anymore. Going to have a look around BBB while the little one is climbing, need some new wine glasses and cutlery, so i'll get some in mind and see if they are in the online sale on Friday
Good Idea regarding the BestBuy thought I was in the parking lot acrossed from there earlier I might go look tomorrow its open TG day!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Good Idea regarding the BestBuy thought I was in the parking lot acrossed from there earlier I might go look tomorrow its open TG day!
That's crazy that they are open on TG Day. It drives me mad both here and in the UK, the sales start earlier and earlier in the day, if you work in retail you must never get to enjoy the big day. Why they can't all just start at 10am is beyond me
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:39 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Why they can't all just start at 10am is beyond me
Because in the true American way, it's all about screwing the other guy out of a sale. For many retailers, sales is a bit like zero sum politics... if someone spends a dollar someplace else, that's a dollar that they don't spend in your store.

Ian
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:09 am

I have noticed over the years there is all this hype to get there for the Balck Friday door stopers, whe in reality the next day or 2 days later the prices go down even cheaper thenthe original DS day...I guess it depends on if you want to risk losing the item or buying while you can!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I saw dozens and dozens of metal barrier fences being unloaded outside Target yesterday. I guess they are expecting a lot of shoppers.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I hope nobody gets run over in the rush to get into Walmart this year.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:46 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone give me a yell if they see a good deal on a 2-stage snow blower?

Ta.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Can someone give me a yell if they see a good deal on a 2-stage snow blower?

Ta.
I'll look but don't hold your breathe......
Old Nov 25th 2011, 5:46 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
I hope nobody gets run over in the rush to get into Walmart this year.
... its pepper spray you have to be worried about at Walmart.
(from another thread - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1112548.html )

Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

This is just so non sequitur... your attempt at moral indignation is marginally amusing.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.