Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Black Friday

Wikiposts

Black Friday

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Black Friday

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Talk about creating panic and mayhem for their customers.
C'mon now. It wouldn't be Black Friday without a little panic and mayhem would it.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Here's a website that contains leaked ads for all the different stores for Black Friday! Some of the shop names are different, like Sears is Sbears, because some of the companies have sued or are trying to sue the website. Enjoy!

http://bf2005.com/

We were threatened with legal action by both Sears and Kmart earlier in the month. Sbears is not Sears and JMart is not Kmart, although they may have similar sales. *cough* *cough* *wink* *wink*

Sheer class!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Personally don't care about going -I've watched it from afar one year and that was enough- but I might end up in the crowd. My neighbor and another lady want me to come with them, and since I just moved here and are still looking for friends/acquintances, and I actually like these two ladies (apart from their shopping fetish ), I just might make the sacrifice.... Maybe it won't be so bad since I won't be after any 'deals' myself, and therefor not stressed out. Even so....

...wish me luck!

Elaine
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

jamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud ofjamjar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Personally don't care about going -I've watched it from afar one year and that was enough- but I might end up in the crowd. My neighbor and another lady want me to come with them, and since I just moved here and are still looking for friends/acquintances, and I actually like these two ladies (apart from their shopping fetish ), I just might make the sacrifice.... Maybe it won't be so bad since I won't be after any 'deals' myself, and therefor not stressed out. Even so....

...wish me luck!

Elaine
Good Luck!!!! I hope they realise how good a friend you are! My neighbor almost talked me into it last year but I chickened out at the last minute.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamjar
I hope they realise how good a friend you are!
Thank you. I think they honestly believe they're doing me a big favor by asking me to go though...
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

HunterGreen
Getting completely off the thread here --- How did you get your Ohio driving license without your green card? They wouldn't even let me renew mine (Ohio License) until I brought the card into the BMV.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:28 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

.........what are the big bargains this year?
The biggest bargains,as always, are at the thrift stores.

Packed to the rafters with people's "gifts" from last Christmas.

As good as new, to be had for pennies to the $
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

OFF TOPIC

HunterGreen
Getting completely off the thread here --- How did you get your Ohio driving license without your green card? They wouldn't even let me renew mine (Ohio License) until I brought the card into the BMV.
Well... I first dug through half of the Ohio revised code to make sure I could get the license without having a social security number. After I convinced the BMV that you don't actually need an SSN it all seemed to go smoothly.
Until http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322469 .

I guess I never got back to that thread ( ) but I actually got the plastic card in the mail three days later. After trying to get a 4 year license at another location and them (very friendly) telling me that I had to handle it with the original office, I decided to let it go. I'll just get the danged new license next year and get rid of the 'o' (for 'original') on it. That way I'll get rid of the questions about 'how come you've only had a DL since august' (wondering why someone going on 40 never drove before ) a bit sooner, too. I try to look on the bright side.

I won't be using our local DMV again anymore though. Also went elsewhere for my license plates... if I'll ever go in there again they have to wrap me in duct tape and tazer me, first.

Last edited by HunterGreen; Nov 23rd 2005 at 3:39 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:07 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HunterGreen

...wish me luck!

Elaine
Just make sure you get your paper tomorrow and know what the real bargains are,it's definetly lots of fun when you go with friends.The worst part is trying to get a parking space.Oh and getting through the checkout.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Just make sure you get your paper tomorrow and know what the real bargains are,it's definetly lots of fun when you go with friends.The worst part is trying to get a parking space.Oh and getting through the checkout.
I have been told that I am baby sitting whilst the wife and daughter hit Coles?, was not really listening, at 5am.

She keeps getting addidtional discount cards, I think she has one for 15%, so its discount on discount on discount.

I know that last time she spent $100 for a list, whatever that now means, equivalent of $400.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yosser
Home depot has a Delta miter saw on sale for $59.99 on Friday (usually $99), el Yosser shall be dishing out the shillings for that little beauty!

It will be perfect for that wood floor project coming up after xmas.
http://www.bt3central.com/forum/default.asp is a good heads up for tool info.

I have bought from Harbour Freight, now there stuff can be hit and miss, you need to check it out first, but it is very cheap, especially if you sign up for their e mail as they seem to send out 25% off one item vouchers every month.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:41 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Black Friday

Originally Posted by Roadster280
42 inch plasma TV $997.

5am it is then!
I'd forget about a plasma TV if I were you......look what happened to Eskimo & Woodsey's as soon as the warranty expired:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=warranty

(If you MUST buy one, then use an American Express card for goodness' sake....read up on the 'double' warranty info but if you have a green Amex card double-check just in case the extra free warranty is only on Gold & Platinum cards)

PS: there was a consumer section on one of our local news channels the other day (CBS or NBC) and the only plasma TVs they were recommending was the Panasonic brand.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:55 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I'd forget about a plasma TV if I were you......look what happened to Eskimo & Woodsey's as soon as the warranty expired:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=warranty

(If you MUST buy one, then use an American Express card for goodness' sake....read up on the 'double' warranty info but if you have a green Amex card double-check just in case the extra free warranty is only on Gold & Platinum cards)

PS: there was a consumer section on one of our local news channels the other day (CBS or NBC) and the only plasma TVs they were recommending was the Panasonic brand.
Woodsey said theirs was an LCD screen, not plasma, there's a difference.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Woodsey said theirs was an LCD screen, not plasma, there's a difference.

Indeed - quite a large one!!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:11 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone planning to do the whole 6am busting down the doors at Wal-Mart thing?
I've done it once and was so traumatized that I've never done it again. I've learnt my lesson and stay as far away as possible from any shops around thanksgiving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.