Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bizarre visa story

Bizarre visa story

Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Matthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really nice
Default Bizarre visa story

Did anyone else, after having their medical in London on the morning of their visa interview, have to take their and everyone else's medical results over to the embassy?

They told me they always ask the last person to have the medical in the morning to take the results to the embassy.

Like they couldn't afford a courrier, or it's not sensitive enough information to warrant one...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bizarre visa story

never happened in the past, they couriered the results to be at the embassy before you had time to walk back...but who knows these days..
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:49 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew2
Did anyone else, after having their medical in London on the morning of their visa interview, have to take their and everyone else's medical results over to the embassy?

They told me they always ask the last person to have the medical in the morning to take the results to the embassy.

Like they couldn't afford a courrier, or it's not sensitive enough information to warrant one...
Your going back a bit ..that must have in the Dr Phelan day
The system has changed at least twice since then ...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Matthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really niceMatthew2 is just really nice

April 2005.

Then, at the embassy, of the group of around 20 of us who had medicals in the morning, 18 had been called up to one of the windows and been given their medical results and sent on their way. There was just me and a guy from Ghana, who had won the visa lottery, and we'd had our interview and were just waiting to be called up a third time for the medical results. The entire immigrant visa department then went to a meeting for the rest of the day - we sat and waited, and waited, and waited, (at first assuming they were at lunch) and I went up to one of the windows 3 times to ask where everyone was, and finally, after about 4 hours of just sitting there, someone said to me, "oh, you can go now, everything's fine. sorry nobody told you, you could have gone hours ago".

Of course I was elated that I would actually be getting my visa so wasn't p***** off at the time, but come on...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:35 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Matthew2
April 2005.

Then, at the embassy, of the group of around 20 of us who had medicals in the morning, 18 had been called up to one of the windows and been given their medical results and sent on their way. There was just me and a guy from Ghana, who had won the visa lottery, and we'd had our interview and were just waiting to be called up a third time for the medical results. The entire immigrant visa department then went to a meeting for the rest of the day - we sat and waited, and waited, and waited, (at first assuming they were at lunch) and I went up to one of the windows 3 times to ask where everyone was, and finally, after about 4 hours of just sitting there, someone said to me, "oh, you can go now, everything's fine. sorry nobody told you, you could have gone hours ago".

Of course I was elated that I would actually be getting my visa so wasn't p***** off at the time, but come on...
Ain't nothing new to me, I feel for you though you're just another victim of USCISisum.

YOu know when I see newbie's start theads like "moving to USA" or " do I need a visa" it makes be want to drink a lot. Poor things, it's really sad, someone shoud DO something !

Rich./
A GC is for life ( or 2 years if conditional ) not just for Xmas !