Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Birth registration fees, quick question.

Wikiposts

Birth registration fees, quick question.

Old Jun 9th 2012, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light
Default Birth registration fees, quick question.

OK I've tried to find the answer to this myself but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I've filled out out the form and got all my evidence ready to send off. I am just looking at the credit card form, it doesn't seem to indicate whether or not I want an actual birth certificate or not. (Also the price says $35 for registration, I wish!) I don't want one as I will be in the UK in a few months and I'm planning on picking one up while I'm there.

Just making sure that I'm not missing anything, sorry if this has been discussed before.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 4:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birth registration fees, quick question.

If you don't want the certificate, you don't pay for it....but you won't be able to pick it up in the UK till the following September, apparently.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
If you don't want the certificate, you don't pay for it....but you won't be able to pick it up in the UK till the following September, apparently.
Yes I understand that I don't pay for it if I don't want it, but it just asks for my credit card information...It doesn't ask me exactly what I want to pay.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
Yes I understand that I don't pay for it if I don't want it, but it just asks for my credit card information...It doesn't ask me exactly what I want to pay.
I believe there is a small box bottom right corner of the main page of the form that asks how many copies you want. The credit card form has a generic formula on it for calculating the fee.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I believe there is a small box bottom right corner of the main page of the form that asks how many copies you want. The credit card form has a generic formula on it for calculating the fee.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for, I don't know how I missed it!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Actually it's the September following the year of registration. So if you register in 2012, you won't be able to get a birth cert from the General Register Office until after September 2013.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...tering-a-birth

"After September of the year following the registration copies can be obtained from the General Register Office."
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Actually it's the September following the year of registration. So if you register in 2012, you won't be able to get a birth cert from the General Register Office until after September 2013.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...tering-a-birth

"After September of the year following the registration copies can be obtained from the General Register Office."
Thanks, I didn't know about that. I normally visit the UK once every 8-10 months so I will pick it up when I am back at some point. I guess I could also ask a family member to pick it up and mail it to me. Either way it'll be cheaper than paying for it right now and I don't really have any need for it at the moment.