Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Birth Certificate Question

Birth Certificate Question

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 4:40 pm
Zik

Default Birth Certificate Question

hi, my fiancee will be sending me her certified Birth certificate, that shows her
parents name and all the other details and it has this 3 colors state stamp on it,
but no foot or hand stamps.. is this considered good enough for the Visa interview??

zik

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 6:10 pm
Aangiela

Default Re: Birth Certificate Question

A birth certificate with the footprints is issued from the hospital where she was
born, and is not considered an official birth certificate. She needs a copy which has
the seal from the State. In Michigan, the certified State copies are not issued with
the raised seal anymore. They now have one of those watermarks that you can only see
if you hold it up in a certain way. The State in which your fiance lives in must not
use the raise seal either. The one that she is sending you is the correct form.

Angie

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 7:40 pm
Danny

Hi,

If the document is issued by a legal goverment official, you should be alright. I
just came back today getting that document. I explained what purpose it has and they
gave me a document with my full name and date of birth and place as well as the full
names of my parents. Further it has a stamp and the signature of the government
official. I hope that sounds familiar to you and I can say that that is the legal
document. Danny

"zik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > hi, my fiancee will be sending me her certified Birth certificate, that shows her
    > parents name and all the other details and it has this 3 colors state stamp on it,
    > but no foot or hand stamps.. is this considered good enough for the Visa
    > interview??
    >
    > zik

Old Apr 24th 2002, 6:10 am
Zik

"Danny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > If the document is issued by a legal goverment official, you should be alright. I
    > just came back today getting that document. I explained what purpose it has and
    > they gave me a document with my full name and date of birth and place as well as
    > the full names of my parents. Further it has a stamp and the signature of the
    > government official. I hope that sounds familiar to you and I can say that that is
    > the legal document. Danny
    >
    >
    >
    > "zik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > hi, my fiancee will be sending me her certified Birth certificate, that shows her
    > > parents name and all the other details and it has this 3 colors state stamp on
    > > it, but no foot or hand stamps.. is this considered good enough for the Visa
    > > interview??
    > >
    > > zik

thanks, i guess we should be alright then.

zik

Old Apr 25th 2002, 2:10 pm
Shelley

If you sent a photo copy of your BC with the I-129F, you should have given your
fiancée an "original" for her interview in case the agent wanted to see
it.I guess he didn't ask her to see it, so you have no worries. Congrats on the visa.
Take Care. Shelley

"Clint (US-Brazil)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello, I (the USC) didn't send my fiancée a birth certificate for her interview.
    > Everything went perfect. She got the visa. Was I supposed to send the BC? Clint
    > "zik" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > hi, my fiancee will be sending me her certified Birth certificate, that shows her
    > > parents name and all the other details and it has this 3 colors state stamp on
    > > it, but no foot or hand stamps.. is this considered good enough for the Visa
    > > interview??
    > >
    > > zik