Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Birth certificate for new born....

Birth certificate for new born....

Old Mar 14th 2013, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Birth certificate for new born....

Hi guys,

http://cchealth.org/vital-registrati...h_cert_app.pdf

I am a little confused so I want to make sure I am doing this right. BTW, I am filing based on me being the father

Section A - My name and postal address. My boy's name and details. My details. Wife's details.
Section B - Am I required to complete this? I dont know what it means
Section C - $26
Section D- Only to be completed if B is applicable? If yes, I will put details and sworn statement will be in front of notary

Have I got this right? Just a little confused on section b.

thanks!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birth certificate for new born....

The form you linked to is a request for a copy of a birth certificate, and section b is asking who you are because only certain parties are allowed to obtain copies of a birth certificate.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Are you getting a copy of one, or "creating" one? Hospital should tell you all you need, or more likely ask for all the info and then file it themselves, I'd have thought.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Are you getting a copy of one, or "creating" one? Hospital should tell you all you need, or more likely ask for all the info and then file it themselves, I'd have thought.
I gotto do it myself.

I am requesting the first birth certificate i mean it's not a copy...i am creating one.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
I gotto do it myself.

I am requesting the first birth certificate i mean it's not a copy...i am creating one.
Why do you have to do it yourself? Did your wife have a child without a medical person present?

I believe that the hospital, doctor, or midwife creates and files the birth certificate with the state with information given by the parents. You will probably get a copy of the long form from the hospital. You can then get certified short form copies from the state which is what is used for all things requiring a birth certificate. I had children in California and I never created a birth certificate.

Last edited by Michael; Mar 15th 2013 at 1:11 am.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 1:57 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I got to do it myself.

You do not get the "original" certificate, only copies. On registration of the birth you get a first copy. You can pay extra for more copies, but as I said above, for the state to issue you with an embossed copy, you have to establish your right to receive such an important and valuable document (only a small circle of close relatives, or law enforcement officers with a bona fide need, are eligible to receive an official copy), hence part b of the form.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You do not get the "original" certificate, only copies. On registration of the birth you get a first copy....
Down my way, you don't even get that first copy.

You go to the town hall a couple of weeks after the hospital registers the birth and pay $10 for a registered copy and then a few bucks for each further copy and next time can be done online. Well when we did got it for our midget we couldn't do it online first time around, weirdly enough.

At least it's registered in the town you reside in and not the hospital. That would have been a major pain in the arse
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:54 am
Some Where in the Desert

AZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You do not get the "original" certificate, only copies. On registration of the birth you get a first copy. You can pay extra for more copies, but as I said above, for the state to issue you with an embossed copy, you have to establish your right to receive such an important and valuable document (only a small circle of close relatives, or law enforcement officers with a bona fide need, are eligible to receive an official copy), hence part b of the form.
Here in Arizona we did not get a "first copy" I had to go to the state registar and pay for every copy of the certificate. The only thing about them is they show the date of birth, date of registration by the hospital, and the date of issue.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
Down my way, you don't even get that first copy.

You go to the town hall a couple of weeks after the hospital registers the birth and pay $10 for a registered copy and then a few bucks for each further copy ......
Yeah same here, that's what I meant ...... I think we paid extra for the copies we requested, and they took a couple of weeks to come.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 15th 2013 at 12:04 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 2:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Geez my daughter had two children by midwife and she never had to complete the application to register a birth. The midwife does that. And this is the god-forsaken state of Mississippi.

BTW they received one certified copy of each birth certificate in the mail after the birth's were registered without having request one or/and pay for one.

Last edited by Rete; Mar 15th 2013 at 2:45 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 2:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

He is NOT registering the birth but rather applying for a certified copy of the registered birth certificate. Didn't read the form until after I read the thread and replied. Silly me.

Last edited by Rete; Mar 15th 2013 at 4:12 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
He is NOT registering the birth but rather applying for a certified copy of the registered birth certificate. Didn't read the form until after I read the form. Silly me.
Thx. I am applying for the birth certificate.

So now I am more confused (apologies.)

Do I or do I not fill in part B?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:10 pm

......Do I or do I not fill in part B?
Yes, you do.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Do I or do I not fill in part B?
Yes, you are the parent I assume.
Old Mar 15th 2013, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Michael
... you are the parent I assume.
You are free to make that assumption.

On the other hand you could read the original post! (He states he is the father).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.