birth certificate.

birth certificate.

Old Sep 17th 2002, 1:25 am
dev
Just Joined

dev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default birth certificate.

Hi All

I am getting ready to file my 485. But I do not have my birth certificate. I am Indian and it seems that Indian embassy issues birth certificate. I did not get a clear answer from my lawer if that will serve my purposr or I need to get the birth certificate from my home town. Has any one ever filed 485 with birth certificate issued by Indian embassy?

Thanks.

Dev
Old Sep 17th 2002, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: birth certificate.

Birth Certificate from Indian Embasy will not work for I-485 filling.

1. If you do not have birth certificate you have to get the following.
A. Non Availabilty certificate from Municipality if you were born in City, if you were born in a Village request your relative to go to TEHSIL or District and find the Registrar of Birth and Death records, they will isuee a NON AVALIABILITY Certificte on your Name. if it Non Availablity is not in English get it translated in English from Notary public or Executive magistrate on Stamp papers.
B. get 2 affidavits from your Father, Mother, Elder Sister, uncle or any close relative that you were born to XYX( your mother name) from the wedlock of Your mothers name YYYYY on ------- at Village/City and state. It should be made before a Notary public. Ask your Father, Mother to go to nearest Court and you will find Notary public.

it shout state your fathers full name and mothers full name, date of birth , city/ village name and state and how they know about it and end line of affidevits should be that " A search has been made for the birth record of "Gabbar Singh" or "Sambha" with proper authorities and it is not available and hence this affidavit," your name should apperar as it is on your passport, becase many who type the affidevits on Stamp Paper commit mistakes. Affidevits and Non Availability certificate ( if translated in English ) all should be in English.
you have to just submit a copy of all these 3 with your I-485, if you have spouse and she also does not have Birth certificate same for her. FYI Birth records are not available in many Districts before 1971.

Affidevts you can get in one day, but for Non availability first they have to give application then the clerck will tell come after one week, you know what it means just give him..... and he will isuee you the Non Availabilty on same day.
for more info on Birth certificates go to www.immihelp.com and search for AOS or I-485, you will see the sample.
you need Non availabilty + 2 affidavits from 2 diffrent persons
good Luck!

Last edited by Manish; Sep 17th 2002 at 3:41 am.
Old Sep 18th 2002, 1:58 am
dev
Just Joined

dev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: birth certificate.

Thanks Manish! Your reply is very informative. It cleared all my doubts.