British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Birth Certificate ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/birth-certificate-109700/)

beyness Jul 24th 2002 4:28 am

Birth Certificate ?

On the G-325A, there is a question regarding citiizenship.. then it asks to "give certificate number, date and place of issue". I have my birth certificate right here and it doesn't have a number. Should I just put the date and place of issue or do I have to somehow find out about the certificate number? How would I go about doing that? Thanks...

rogerpenycate Jul 24th 2002 8:47 am

Re: Birth Certificate ?

Which country are you from ?

ie. are you the USC ?

If you are from the UK I can give you some advise.

Good luck

Rete Jul 24th 2002 10:30 am

Don't worry about not having a number on the BC. Put in the rest of the information. Remember the G-325A is a form for both USC and the alien. Some foreign countries have numbers on their BCs.

Rete

Michael Voight Jul 24th 2002 4:20 pm

Do you mean the I-130 or I-129F? I know there is a question on one of these forms
about this that confuses people. If naturalized, you the naturalization number. If
native born, then you don't enter a number there.

beyness wrote:
    >
    > On the G-325A, there is a question regarding citiizenship.. then it asks to "give
    > certificate number, date and place of issue". I have my birth certificate right
    > here and it doesn't have a number. Should I just put the date and place of issue or
    > do I have to somehow find out about the certificate number? How would I go about
    > doing that? Thanks...
    >
    > --

Rete Jul 24th 2002 6:13 pm

Originally posted by Michael Voight
Do you mean the I-130 or I-129F? I know there is a question on one of these forms
about this that confuses people. If naturalized, you the naturalization number. If
native born, then you don't enter a number there.

The young lady stated at the beginning of her post it was the G-325A biographical form. She is filing for the K-1; not that that makes any difference to her question or your possible answer.

Rete

Mrtravel Jul 24th 2002 8:21 pm

Rete wrote:
    >
    > Michael Voight wrote:
    > > Do you mean the I-130 or I-129F? I know there is a question on one of these
    > > forms about this that confuses people. If naturalized, you the naturalization
    > > number. If native born, then you don't enter a number there.
    >
    > The young lady stated at the beginning of her post it was the G-325A biographical
    > form. She is filing for the K-1; not that that makes any difference to her question
    > or your possible answer.

I don't see a place on the G325-A that asks for a certificate number. That is why I
think she had the form number wrong.

Johnson Pervis Jul 27th 2002 3:20 pm

Read it again, perhaps it will make sense to you. There is more than one way to prove
citizenship. The Certificate Number and date and place of issue is for those who
naturalized, not those who were born US Citz. They're talking about the Natz. Cert,
not birth cert.

--
Johnson "beyness" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > On the G-325A, there is a question regarding citiizenship.. then it asks to "give
    > certificate number, date and place of issue". I have my birth certificate right
    > here and it doesn't have a number. Should I just put the date and place of issue or
    > do I have to somehow find out about the certificate number? How would I go about
    > doing that? Thanks...
    >
    >
    >
    > --

beyness Jul 27th 2002 6:09 pm

Sorry, I'm a complete idiot! I meant the form I-129F, question 12. I'll just put date of issue and place...