Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bird flu confirmed in UK in dead swan

Bird flu confirmed in UK in dead swan

Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:55 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bird flu confirmed in UK in dead swan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4881526.stm
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bird flu confirmed in UK in dead swan

No turkey for Christmas then.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:35 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

So? I thought this was a forum, not a news site? Do you have something to say about it or do you just assume nobody on BE looks at BBC News?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
So? I thought this was a forum, not a news site? Do you have something to say about it or do you just assume nobody on BE looks at BBC News?
Now, now, not had a good time in Canada? Remember there are members of waste management in Vegas too. Hehe.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:54 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Now, now, not had a good time in Canada? Remember there are members of waste management in Vegas too. Hehe.
The point is if you're going to post something the least you can do is comment on it. At least one other person on here agrees with me on this as I got karma from that person for saying that. Why not just post a thread titled "Hey look there's stuff going on in the UK" and have a link to the BBC News site and permanently sticky it to the top of the forum.

(And I had a good time in Canada thanks, and have had a relaxing day "working" from home today)
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The point is if you're going to post something the least you can do is comment on it. At least one other person on here agrees with me on this as I got karma from that person for saying that. Why not just post a thread titled "Hey look there's stuff going on in the UK" and have a link to the BBC News site and permanently sticky it to the top of the forum.

(And I had a good time in Canada thanks, and have had a relaxing day "working" from home today)
Yes I realised what you were trying to say, just having a bit of fun that's all. Suppose most of us have done the same sort of thing at some time. Come to think of it I did yesterday and today.

Anyway I can't send you any karma, you've karmed me out.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:03 pm
Not here much

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes I realised what you were trying to say, just having a bit of fun that's all. Suppose most of us have done the same sort of thing at some time. Come to think of it I did yesterday and today.

Anyway I can't send you any karma, you've karmed me out.
I just wanted to continue the rant. I might be interested to know how people might feel about that issue but don't start it with no comment at all. Personally I don't think of it as that big a deal - something is bound to come along and wipe out a good number of people; it's nature's way - it has to control populations all the time.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I just wanted to continue the rant. I might be interested to know how people might feel about that issue but don't start it with no comment at all. Personally I don't think of it as that big a deal - something is bound to come along and wipe out a good number of people; it's nature's way - it has to control populations all the time.
Well I heard something the other day regarding bird flu but can't say what it is, sorry.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:07 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

As a member of this forum for a lot longer than you I will post whatever I like when I like. If you don't like it then don't read it quite simple.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:09 pm
Not here much

Originally Posted by vegas
As a member of this forum for a lot longer than you I will post whatever I like when I like. If you don't like it then don't read it quite simple.
Can you put a warning on the Title line in future then?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vegas
You got anything to add to the story? questions, thoughts?
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

They haven't confirmed its the N1 varienty yet, or at least they hadn't an hour ago. It's inevitable that it will reach every counry in the world, just what happens after that is a little bit of a mystery.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not mind. It could be something I missed. Any rate it was only a matter of time but what is going to p...me off is when it hits here, as it will. The world will stop as far as the media are concerned.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 12:09 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
I do not mind. It could be something I missed. Any rate it was only a matter of time but what is going to p...me off is when it hits here, as it will. The world will stop as far as the media are concerned.
aye...duck will be off the menu....but lots of chicken to go around if your not to fussy