Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bill + Hillary - in tandem

Bill + Hillary - in tandem

Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:49 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Bill + Hillary - in tandem

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Bill wasn't the embarrassment, the idiots who tried to impeach him made the USA laughing stock to the rest of the world.
Absolutely spot on.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 5:52 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tracym
Well, everyone has an opinion I suppose.

I personally think he was a huge embarrassment.

I don't care who he sleeps with, really.... but if you're gonna be a liar, at least be a smarter one. And a bit less sleazy and disgusting wouldn't hurt either.
yeah , who cares that he kept the USA out of wars, who cares that he balanced Uncle Sams books and got him out of the red and into the black, who cares that gas prices, food prices etc stayed pretty much consistant during his term in office and America prospered...who cares about all that compared to the fact that he jizzed over Monica's tits in the Whitehouse late one night.

FFS get your priorities right.

Last edited by Rushman; Oct 6th 2007 at 5:54 am.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
yeah , who cares that he kept the USA out of wars, who cares that he balanced Uncle Sams books and got him out of the red and into the black, who cares that gas prices, food prices etc stayed pretty much consistant during his term in office and America prospered...who cares about all that compared to the fact that he jizzed over Monica's tits in the Whitehouse late one night.

FFS get your priorities right.
You have your priorities, I have mine. I'm not getting into all those issues. Reagon's (who I'm sure you hate) economic policies were responsible for a lot of the finanacial good news tho - it takes some time for the policies to show their effects - Clinton doesn't deserve all the credit there.

I think he's crap, I will always think he's crap.

You like him, that's fine, that's your right. I despise him, that's mine.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:04 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

YReagon's (who I'm sure you hate) economic policies were responsible for a lot of the finanacial good news tho - it takes some time for the policies to show their effects - Clinton doesn't deserve all the credit there.
Reagan's the American Margaret Thatcher. He helped the rich and oppressed the poor. He was directly involved in undermining foreign governments (see: Iran/Contra) and giving money and arms to the Afghanistan resistance fighters to fight Russia. One of those freedoom fighters was Osama bin Laden.

He's the reason I'll never vote Republican. I took it up the arse when he deregulated S&Ls and started handing money out to the rich.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Reagan's the American Margaret Thatcher. He helped the rich and oppressed the poor. He was directly involved in undermining foreign governments (see: Iran/Contra) and giving money and arms to the Afghanistan resistance fighters to fight Russia. One of those freedoom fighters was Osama bin Laden.

He's the reason I'll never vote Republican. I took it up the arse when he deregulated S&Ls and started handing money out to the rich.
Like I said (altho to another poster) - I'm sure you hate him.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:14 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said (altho to another poster) - I'm sure you hate him.
Tracy, I literally went hungry because of him.

My father's health deteriorated because we couldn't afford health care.

Read up on how Reagan's allowing S&Ls to speculate in real estate led to the collapse of the industry. It was the Enron of the 80s, and my dad held a modest position in a *bank* which was collateral damage to the collapse.

How would you feel about a politician who forced your family into dire poverty, took every penny you had? I don't mean a few extra taxes, I mean *every damn cent*.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Tracy, I literally went hungry because of him.

My father's health deteriorated because we couldn't afford health care.

Read up on how Reagan's allowing S&Ls to speculate in real estate led to the collapse of the industry. It was the Enron of the 80s, and my dad held a modest position in a *bank* which was collateral damage to the collapse.

How would you feel about a politician who forced your family into dire poverty, took every penny you had? I don't mean a few extra taxes, I mean *every damn cent*.
Fraonkly, Reagon was a long time ago, I wouldn't waste my time reading up on him.

I never said I liked him either. Nor disliked.

Sorry, I don't really like politics, I don't follow lots and lots of it in detail.

The only president I was expressing any major opinion on was Clinton - I do and will always think he's disgusting. Like all of them, probably did some good things and some bad. But frankly, he gives me the creeps.

I am sorry if you were hurt.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:35 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Reagon's (who I'm sure you hate) economic policies were responsible for a lot of the finanacial good news tho

It was good financial news for rich people, and people who don't have to work for a living. I guess you might fit into that category; but you have to think of others who aren't so well off. He claimed he increased the median family income, but it's said that was only because his economics caused more mothers to have join the workforce to keep up with the bills.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:48 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Clinton succeeded Bush 41. Bush 41 had a long running affair with Jennifer Fitzgerald. That was well known to the press but not mentioned until they attacked Clinton over his indiscretions. The Clinton campaign had to retaliate, and brought it to public attention. Bush lied by calling it a lie. He was still president when he denied it.

Prior to this, presidents private lives were protected by the press. FDR strayed, Kennedy strayed, Johnson strayed. I don't know of any affairs involving Truman, Carter or Reagan.

One of the main accusers of Bill Clinton was a right sleazebag named Newt Gingrich. Gingrich drove out the Speaker over a book deal that crossed the ethical line, became speaker and tried to do the same thing. He was the sleaze who took time off from extramarital fornication, in the back office, to lecture us on "Family Values". He still hasn't apologised.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mallory
It was good financial news for rich people, and people who don't have to work for a living. I guess you might fit into that category; but you have to think of others who aren't so well off. He claimed he increased the median family income, but it's said that was only because his economics caused more mothers to have join the workforce to keep up with the bills.
I'm sorry, but it amazes me what people assume about other people. I assure you, when Reagan was in office, I most certainly worked for a living. And lived in a cheap one-bedroom apartment.

Cripes.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Clinton succeeded Bush 41. Bush 41 had a long running affair with Jennifer Fitzgerald. That was well known to the press but not mentioned until they attacked Clinton over his indiscretions. The Clinton campaign had to retaliate, and brought it to public attention. Bush lied by calling it a lie. He was still president when he denied it.

Prior to this, presidents private lives were protected by the press. FDR strayed, Kennedy strayed, Johnson strayed. I don't know of any affairs involving Truman, Carter or Reagan.

One of the main accusers of Bill Clinton was a right sleazebag named Newt Gingrich. Gingrich drove out the Speaker over a book deal that crossed the ethical line, became speaker and tried to do the same thing. He was the sleaze who took time off from extramarital fornication, in the back office, to lecture us on "Family Values". He still hasn't apologised.
I do not care that Clinton had an affair. Nor am I so silly as to think he's the only one. Although I am not impressed with anyone that cheats on their wife (or husband for that matter). And the Monica thing was a bit more repulsive than some.

I suppose they all lie too (did I mention I hate politics?)

I guess what offends me most (although just looking at him makes my skin crawl) is his assuming that the American public is stupid.

But.... "I smoked, but didn't inhale"?
"I did not have sex with that woman"?

Be smart enough to not get caught (a bit more discreet maybe) - not having the police procure women, etc.

And do not tell such ridiculous lies, that imply the public is so stupid as to believe them.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh, and for the record - Gingrich makes my skin crawl too,
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:45 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

It's not people but some of the things people do that makes my skin crawl.

I think that the politicians we get are the Darwinian result of our apathy. The constitution and our lack of involvement sifts out the good people, leaving us with making the choice between undesirables.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's not people but some of the things people do that makes my skin crawl.

I think that the politicians we get are the Darwinian result of our apathy. The constitution and our lack of involvement sifts out the good people, leaving us with making the choice between undesirables.
Hmmm... dunno about the constitution part, be curious to hear your reasoning?

And I'll agree with you tho, choosing between the undesirables.

Also, I'll go back to some psychology principles - people having various "needs", among which is the need for power. Which I'm sure most/all politicians have plenty of, and doesn't necessarily lead to being the nicest/most honorable people. Interestingly, the other professions who test the highest on need for power are policemen and ministers.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 2:06 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

...Sorry, I don't really like politics, I don't follow lots and lots of it in detail.....
Enough said...

(Do you vote?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.