Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Big Yin & Ken Bigley

Wikiposts

Big Yin & Ken Bigley

Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:07 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Yin & Ken Bigley

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Peter Kay is top. Steve Coogan is hit and miss but when he's on form ...

For me:
Dead - Peter Cook (snip)

Definitely. In a league of his own.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 10:01 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...236015,00.html

Personally, I find this much more sickening than Billy Connolly's jokes. A well known published magazine attacking the whole city of Liverpool because it has "over-reacted" to Ken Bigley's death and because Liverpool carried out a 2 minute silence.

Maybe its just cause I'm a scouser, and I obviously like to "wallow in a sense of vicarious victimhood". ?
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:08 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torpkevuk

Personally, I find this much more sickening than Billy Connolly's jokes. A well known published magazine attacking the whole city of Liverpool because it has "over-reacted" to Ken Bigley's death and because Liverpool carried out a 2 minute silence.

Maybe its just cause I'm a scouser, and I obviously like to "wallow in a sense of vicarious victimhood". ?
Well i'm from Edinburgh and have been just as pissed off as anyone else.
Lverpool you're not alone...I...Ken God Bless you...
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by torpkevuk

We can agree on that quite safely ... I like Boris Johnson in a clever-bumbling-act sort of way but he's dropped one here, maybe his various media commitments mean he doesn't spend enough time editing.

I've only been to Liverpool once, car clapped-out in the middle of a council estate and feared the worst (like the idiot I was!) and people couldn't have been nicer. They all but pushed me onto that ferry ... probably glad to see the back of me
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
We can agree on that quite safely ... I like Boris Johnson in a clever-bumbling-act sort of way but he's dropped one here, maybe his various media commitments mean he doesn't spend enough time editing.

I've only been to Liverpool once, car clapped-out in the middle of a council estate and feared the worst (like the idiot I was!) and people couldn't have been nicer. They all but pushed me onto that ferry ... probably glad to see the back of me

Boris has apologised for the article.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Boris has apologised for the article.
Yeh, I noticed that in the link ... maybe he should spend more time making good editorial decisions and less time clowning around?
Old Oct 16th 2004, 12:07 am
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

the article should never have made it in, in the first place. a sorry is a bit late once the damage has been done... Wonder how Ken Bigley's family felt when they had their attention drawn to it, and I'm sure they have.