Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Big Yin & Ken Bigley

Big Yin & Ken Bigley

Old Oct 9th 2004, 4:42 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Yin & Ken Bigley

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Can't disagree with that

Victoria Wood, about as funny as Jasper Carrot and Russ Abott...i.e not funny in the slightest.

Skinner is ok on the TV shows he does, but his jokes are on a par with what you'd hear your mates saying in the pub, nothing special.
Connolly was teriffic twenty years ago but he's a getting a bit long in the tooth now. Resorting to so much ****ing bad language in his act is a cover up for the staleness of his patter.

He's been going down hill ever since he married the aussie bint with her head up her own arse.

OK, so Auckland isn't in Australia, but it's near enough.
Old Oct 9th 2004, 7:13 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by g1ant
Connolly was teriffic twenty years ago but he's a getting a bit long in the tooth now. Resorting to so much ****ing bad language in his act is a cover up for the staleness of his patter.

He's been going down hill ever since he married the aussie bint with her head up her own arse.

ah well, I still like him, though his older stuff was better, i think his newer stuff is good too..

Gotta agree with Tony about Skinner though.. does seem to be crap jokes you could hear down the pub.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:19 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g1ant

You have hit the nail on the head there my good man, I remember seeing a video of Connolly on stage back in the 1980's which I thought was really entertaining. So when I got the chance to see him live about 10 years ago I jumped at the chance, only to be let down by the constinuous expletives he would add at every given moment. The jokes/anecdotes would not have been too bad if he had cut out a lot of the swearing. It seemed like he just forced it all in to fill up time and stretch out his act, which for me fits into the category of a Jim Davidson, bordering onto that very un-funny chubby brown bloke.

To comment on someone's previous post, IMHO Jethro is the best live act from the British Isles. Absolutely first class comedy. Stand up comedy in an excellent, entertaining manner without filling up the act with needless profanities. I have seen him live twice and almost split my sides laughing each time. I have also seen Mike Reid a couple of times and he is very good too.

As for the original poster's point re: Mr Bigley, I really felt for that bloke and to see him on the news every evening made me feel really sorry for him, but at the same time annoyed with the Blair government for allowing the situation to develop with a seemingly "no comment" attitude..

O well that's my 2p's worth anyways!
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:13 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

I love em all, Billy Connolly, Jo Brand, Victoria Wood, the Two Ronnies, Not the 9 O'Clock News team. I went to see Roger De Corsey and Nookie Bear once as somebody had free tickets. I was expecting it to be shite but it was really funny, probably one of the best shows I have been to without the need for swearing every 2 seconds.

Billy Connolly is easily the best comedian of all time (my opinion), but unfortunately he knows it and says things for effect. When you go to his shows or buy a video you know what to expect.

TV awards are soon. I hope Little Britain wins something, and I am only saying that because........I am a laaaady!
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:19 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
I love em all, Billy Connolly, Jo Brand, Victoria Wood, the Two Ronnies, Not the 9 O'Clock News team. I went to see Roger De Corsey and Nookie Bear once as somebody had free tickets. I was expecting it to be shite but it was really funny, probably one of the best shows I have been to without the need for swearing every 2 seconds.

Billy Connolly is easily the best comedian of all time (my opinion), but unfortunately he knows it and says things for effect. When you go to his shows or buy a video you know what to expect.

TV awards are soon. I hope Little Britain wins something, and I am only saying that because........I am a laaaady!

I love Connelly, but he want over the top in this, and needs to apologise to the family.

Now, Roy Bloody Chubby Brown, what a waste of space.

http://www.chubbybrown.com/home.php

Does anyone really find this cretin funny?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:48 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Covenant

Now, Roy Bloody Chubby Brown, what a waste of space.

http://www.chubbybrown.com/home.php

Does anyone really find this cretin funny?

From the look of his tour dates he is not going down south. That probably because we would sledge/boo him off stage. I dont know anyone else from my hometown in england (surrey) that finds him amusing at all.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:51 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
From the look of his tour dates he is not going down south. That probably because we would sledge/boo him off stage. I dont know anyone else from my hometown in england (surrey) that finds him amusing at all.
true, Regional/working mans club type taste.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:17 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Covenant
true, Regional/working mans club type taste.
i dont think its so much a regional/working mans club type taste, more a sexist moronic easily amused kinda persons taste, the mans about as funny as toothache
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
i dont think its so much a regional/working mans club type taste, more a sexist moronic easily amused kinda persons taste, the mans about as funny as toothache
In your opinion.
So, who's your favourite comic torpkevuk?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:38 pm
Scouse Git

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
In your opinion.
So, who's your favourite comic torpkevuk?
very true.. only in my opinion

Probably Peter Kay at the moment, though he does tend to repeat himself when he gets a laugh, but on the whole, a funny guy.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

very true.. only in my opinion

Probably Peter Kay at the moment, though he does tend to repeat himself when he gets a laugh, but on the whole, a funny guy.
Peter Kay is top. Steve Coogan is hit and miss but when he's on form ...

For me:
Dead - Peter Cook/Spike Milligan
Alive - Dunno, I really liked the Al Murray (The Pub Landlord) stuff but there are precious few I'd make an effort to see ... Eddie Izzard was the last stand-up that I saw live, great stuff.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:13 pm
Scouse Git

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Peter Kay is top. Steve Coogan is hit and miss but when he's on form ...

For me:
Dead - Peter Cook/Spike Milligan
Alive - Dunno, I really liked the Al Murray (The Pub Landlord) stuff but there are precious few I'd make an effort to see ... Eddie Izzard was the last stand-up that I saw live, great stuff.
I've never been a fan of Steve Coogan.. Eddie Izzard I'll agree is fantastic
Not been to see Al Murray.. have seen a video of one of his shows.. it was ok, but not somat i'd go out my way to get a ticket for though..
Old Oct 13th 2004, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

billy is as bad as tony blair.....

monkey girl
x
Old Oct 13th 2004, 4:45 pm
Scouse Git

Originally Posted by slowmacro
billy is as bad as tony blair.....

monkey girl
x
as bad as tony blair? i dont see how tony blair did anything wrong? (a view im sure that wont be held by all, but thats what i think anyway)
Old Oct 13th 2004, 5:09 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

You're getting some karma for that incredibly acurate description. Definitley a comedian for the BNP voting mob whose brain cells are all but destroyed by 30 years of drinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.