Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Big snow NYC, would be small snow for Colorado?

Big snow NYC, would be small snow for Colorado?

Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big snow NYC, would be small snow for Colorado?

Big for NYC. 26 + inches in one day, evidently a record. Lotttt of snow, we were just driving up town, saw a tow truck in the middle of a side st, my wife said "are you going to move it", he said "can't I'm stuck". Bet he's embarrassed. As usually Taxis cabs, driving 2 fast & toooooo dangerous. Airports pretty much closed. Hope cleared by Fri, we are going to the "Mainland", The Old Country. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa! the real world, real bread, real tea, real milk, maybe real Brits & real nakedness. Okay I exaggerated about the bread.
Reg. Frank R.

PS. Anyone need goodies bringing back. Give me a list.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 11:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big snow NYC, would be small snow for Colorado?

Originally Posted by frrussre
Big for NYC. 26 + inches in one day, evidently a record. Lotttt of snow, we were just driving up town, saw a tow truck in the middle of a side st, my wife said "are you going to move it", he said "can't I'm stuck". Bet he's embarrassed. As usually Taxis cabs, driving 2 fast & toooooo dangerous. Airports pretty much closed. Hope cleared by Fri, we are going to the "Mainland", The Old Country. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa! the real world, real bread, real tea, real milk, maybe real Brits & real nakedness. Okay I exaggerated about the bread.
Reg. Frank R.

PS. Anyone need goodies bringing back. Give me a list.
My sister managed to get one of the last flights out of Newark Sat night to Manchester UK. We have gotten (I just love using that word as much as possible together with lightedness, meltedness, of off etc) over 2 ft of snow overnight. As far as bringing goodies back from UK I have only one word to say CADBURYS .
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:09 am
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My sister managed to get one of the last flights out of Newark Sat night to Manchester UK. We have gotten (I just love using that word as much as possible together with lightedness, meltedness, of off etc) over 2 ft of snow overnight. As far as bringing goodies back from UK I have only one word to say CADBURYS .
Its not fun I tell you digging out from all that snow we tried to go Sledin but it was jsut too deep..... roll on spring thought we had gotten away with the white stuff...
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

R you a Cadbury's Fruit & nutcase?
Buy on Hudson St Meyers Of Keswick + regular stores. Though watch out for made in Canada stuff.
reg. Frank R.
1st on my list for UK tastes, Dead Fly Cake, real current buns, Coconut Macaroons, ones with rice paper on bottom & cherry on the top, "Bakewell tart, fresh, not packet, Cherry Fruit Cake. I will fill my Hotel room with this stuff. Really bad for U, but an occasional treat. Topic, bar.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
Its not fun I tell you digging out from all that snow we tried to go Sledin but it was jsut too deep..... roll on spring thought we had gotten away with the white stuff...
YES I had quite forgotton about sleding and gotten. Along with budder, badderies, urbs LOL Perhaps I should start a new thread! How many Americamisms can one use in one sentence.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Just coming back from the diner, woman diging out her car offered us $100, to dig her car out. NYC, all the richie riches.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
My son went to Central Park, spent 4 hours sledding.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

R you a Cadbury's Fruit & nutcase?
Buy on Hudson St Meyers Of Keswick + regular stores. Though watch out for made in Canada stuff.
reg. Frank R.
1st on my list for UK tastes, Dead Fly Cake, real current buns, Coconut Macaroons, ones with rice paper on bottom & cherry on the top, "Bakewell tart, fresh, not packet, Cherry Fruit Cake. I will fill my Hotel room with this stuff. Really bad for U, but an occasional treat. Topic, bar.
Reg. Frank R.
My local Gary's Wine Store (located in Bernardville, Madison and Chester, New Jersey) stock a limited range of Cabury's imported from the UK. He will always try to obtain items on request. Also stocks Mr Kiplings Bakewell Tart, Digestive biscuits and more. I have also found that a lot of the Irish Shops located in the malls stock a variety of English produce.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

My son went to Central Park, spent 4 hours sledding.
Reg. Frank R.
Hope he didn't fall of off the sled.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl]Hope he didn't fall of off the sled.[/QUOT

or should that be off of?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:25 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

My local Gary's Wine Store (located in Bernardville, Madison and Chester, New Jersey) stock a limited range of Cabury's imported from the UK. He will always try to obtain items on request. Also stocks Mr Kiplings Bakewell Tart, Digestive biscuits and more. I have also found that a lot of the Irish Shops located in the malls stock a variety of English produce.
You've just made me think of Thorntons chocolates yum
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
You've just made me think of Thorntons chocolates yum
Yep after Cadburys they come pretty close. Used to work just down the road from their old factory in Sheffield. Just a bit of useless information I thought you should know.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Just coming back from the diner, woman diging out her car offered us $100, to dig her car out. NYC, all the richie riches.
Reg. Frank R.

Here in the suburbs of Philadlphia we have had a team of guys shovelling snow off our driveways and pathways since 1pm. They are still working now. Just given them all hot ribena to ease my guilt.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:47 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

There's no Irish grocery stores in your area of Jersey? We have so many here on the other side of the river from you. Just had lunch yesterday at the Irish Coffee Shop and they sell Cadbury from the UK and all types of assorted chocolates and candy from Ireland and the UK. They also make their own scones and bread from imported flour. Across the street is a butcher who sells bangers, Irish back bacon, blood pudding, etc.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 12:51 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Reg. Frank R.

hehehe and only a non-native New Yorker would be driving in NYC today and/or not taking her up on her offer. Nothing to do with being rich. A lot to do with having too much snow, no place to put the damn stuff when you shovel it and perhaps age and a bad back. I dug out Jim's car this afternoon and 1/4 of mine this evening. I would gladly pay someone to dig me the rest of the way out though. Perhaps can get one of the 'looking for work guys' who wait around the corner for employers to come and hire day labor to do it tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.