Reload this Page >

A BIG plea for help

A BIG plea for help

Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

KatieM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A BIG plea for help

Hello,

My name is Katie and I am a Masters Student. I am trying (not very successfully) to get expats to fill in a questionnaire for me. It is very important for my dissertation to get an idea of how the expat experience was for people.

I am looking for people who have been sent abroad, to work, by a company or organisation.

I would be VERY grateful if any of you would spend a little of your valuable time to fill in a questionnaire for me. It should only take about 10 to 15 minutes to fill in and it would help me greatly.

All the details can be found on the internet by clicking hereThe Questionnaire

Thanks so very much

Katie
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:40 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A BIG plea for help

Katie: Your instructions solicit participation by people who (your words) were SENT to work overseas. So, do you not want information from people who went overseas to work through personal choice (e.g., looked for a job overseas, rather than being sent by their company, or went overseas with foreign spouse then looked for work)? If so, this is quite limiting. I'd say a lot of people on here don't fit your needs (i.e., were not "sent abroad").

Originally Posted by KatieM
Hello,

My name is Katie and I am a Masters Student. I am trying (not very successfully) to get expats to fill in a questionnaire for me. It is very important for my dissertation to get an idea of how the expat experience was for people.

I am looking for people who have been sent abroad, to work, by a company or organisation.

I would be VERY grateful if any of you would spend a little of your valuable time to fill in a questionnaire for me. It should only take about 10 to 15 minutes to fill in and it would help me greatly.

All the details can be found on the internet by clicking hereThe Questionnaire

Thanks so very much

Katie
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Yes you are correct. I am looking for those who were SENT abroad, so if I have posted this in the wrong forum then I apologize.

Katie

Originally Posted by dunroving
Katie: Your instructions solicit participation by people who (your words) were SENT to work overseas. So, do you not want information from people who went overseas to work through personal choice (e.g., looked for a job overseas, rather than being sent by their company, or went overseas with foreign spouse then looked for work)? If so, this is quite limiting. I'd say a lot of people on here don't fit your needs (i.e., were not "sent abroad").
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:03 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes you are correct. I am looking for those who were SENT abroad, so if I have posted this in the wrong forum then I apologize.

Katie
Nope, not the wrong forum, I was just explaining why many people may have not responded. My guess is that the kinds of people you are looking for are in the minoroty on this site (IMHO).

I'm into measurement/research, etc. myself and know how difficult it can be to get people to participate in surveys. Have you posted on other expat boards also?
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Nope, not the wrong forum, I was just explaining why many people may have not responded. My guess is that the kinds of people you are looking for are in the minoroty on this site (IMHO).

I'm into measurement/research, etc. myself and know how difficult it can be to get people to participate in surveys. Have you posted on other expat boards also?

Hi again.

Yes I have put the request on some expat boards, but it is hard to know which ones are useful. Are you aware of any others that might be useful?

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your time.

Katie
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:45 pm
Ping-ponger

Hi again.

Yes I have put the request on some expat boards, but it is hard to know which ones are useful. Are you aware of any others that might be useful?

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your time.

Katie
Here are some other sites:

http://www.britsintheus.com/expats.htm - this has links to various sites

http://www.british-expats.com/

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/2865/index.htm

- I only really use this site so don't know much about the ones I've listed here. Good luck! You are doing the right thing using online completion of your survey - more likely to get responses this way than regular mailed survey (and cheaper!).
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Here are some other sites:

http://www.britsintheus.com/expats.htm - this has links to various sites

http://www.british-expats.com/

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/2865/index.htm

- I only really use this site so don't know much about the ones I've listed here. Good luck! You are doing the right thing using online completion of your survey - more likely to get responses this way than regular mailed survey (and cheaper!).

I am really grateful for your help. I will go to these sites.

Thanks again

Katie
Old Aug 15th 2004, 3:15 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, not the wrong forum, I was just explaining why many people may have not responded. My guess is that the kinds of people you are looking for are in the minoroty on this site (IMHO). .....
I agree - I think that most of us here have foreign (on this forum American) spouses ..... and are here because of that.