Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Big Brother - cameras ? Etc ?

Big Brother - cameras ? Etc ?

Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:01 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Brother - cameras ? Etc ?

Isn't it strange how things are here. If someone in England would have told me that I'm getting a can of mace for my birthday, I'd think they were mad. Here it's considered almost normal. A friend (he's a cop & doesn't like the fact that I refuse to carry/have a gun) is buying me a little mace spray thing that goes on your keyring. Here's the link -

http://www.defensexpress.com/macebatons.htm
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Use in self defence or to prevent a crime being commited or in the apprehension of a suspect of a crime that has been comitted where the use of such force is justified.
Sounds to be straight from the book.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Isn't it strange how things are here. If someone in England would have told me that I'm getting a can of mace for my birthday, I'd think they were mad. Here it's considered almost normal. A friend (he's a cop & doesn't like the fact that I refuse to carry/have a gun) is buying me a little mace spray thing that goes on your keyring. Here's the link -

http://www.defensexpress.com/macebatons.htm
Waste of time .. far too small ...
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I have never felt to be in sufficient danger to warrant using a gun or mace or cs spray on anyone........

come on folks, you're more likely to die in a car accident.
yet you all drive.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Partystar
Well said. I'm guessing that everyone would change their tune if it was them that was the victim & the criminal was caught & convicted based on CCTV footage.

Who here thinks a database of convicted sexual predators is wrong and that when they are placed into society the residents are informed? Its an erosion of the civil liberties of the convicted criminal. But it serves to protect the innocents.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:07 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
It does vary with forces though ...and departments within
Yup. I was giving the textbook answer....of course the reality was(is) much different.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:08 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Who here thinks a database of convicted sexual predators is wrong and that when they are placed into society the residents are informed? Its an erosion of the civil liberties of the convicted criminal. But it serves to protect the innocents.
I think it's very arbitrary.

You can have a guy on the list who ass raped a 4 year old girl fair enough.

But on the same list is a guy who when 18 shagged his 16 year old girlfriend........

It is too arbitrary
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:09 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Not me! Although, I'm guessing you already knew that!!!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manc

But on the same list is a guy who when 18 shagged his 16 year old girlfriend........

It is too arbitrary

Yes but thats the application of the law thats too arbitrary. Maybe grades of sexual offence. But the actual register itself is a good thing no?
Back where I belong!

It is too arbitrary
I agree, but that's why they have the level system.
Account Closed

I have never felt to be in sufficient danger to warrant using a gun or mace or cs spray on anyone........

come on folks, you're more likely to die in a car accident.
yet you all drive.
...and wear seatbelts and have airbags.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:11 pm
Back where I belong!

...and wear seatbelts and have airbags.
I'm impressed!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:12 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

But the actual register itself is a good thing no?
Nope.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:13 pm
@matthewb76

Yes but thats the application of the law thats too arbitrary. Maybe grades of sexual offence. But the actual register itself is a good thing no?
I think the judge should look at each application to the sex offenders list on a case by case basis.

The public needs to be informed of dangers to society, not informed of a horny teenager who couldn't wait for his girlfriends birthday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.