British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Better Hose (if you know what I mean) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/better-hose-if-you-know-what-i-mean-307246/)

AdobePinon Jun 7th 2005 6:45 am

Better Hose (if you know what I mean)

Finally cured one of my 'Pet Peeves in the US'. Was down at Target the other day and discovered something that the local ACE, Home Depot and Garden Centers all lack. Something(s) actually. First, gaskets for garden hoses. Better yet, quick-connect fittings!!!!! :cool:

Yeah, I know it's the little things (no pun intended) in life that make you happy, but I am pleased to report that watering the plants no longer involves a water fight with the faucet and threaded connections. Almost like being back in Britain....

You may now return to whichever more interesting thread you came from. :D

dbj1000 Jun 7th 2005 12:02 pm

Re: Better Hose (if you know what I mean)

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Finally cured one of my 'Pet Peeves in the US'. Was down at Target the other day and discovered something that the local ACE, Home Depot and Garden Centers all lack. Something(s) actually. First, gaskets for garden hoses. Better yet, quick-connect fittings!!!!! :cool:

Yeah, I know it's the little things (no pun intended) in life that make you happy, but I am pleased to report that watering the plants no longer involves a water fight with the faucet and threaded connections. Almost like being back in Britain....

I'm off to Target right away to get some quick-connect fittings. Thanks!

...once I've settled my rather major complaint against Target for selling me a children's night-light which burst into flames seconds after being plugged in.

NC Penguin Jun 7th 2005 1:43 pm

For a moment there, I thought you were looking for tights! :D

NC Penguin

Duncan Roberts Jun 7th 2005 2:34 pm

And I thought you were trying to decide between the good hose, the better hose or the best hose! Why do American stores do that?

Dimsie Jun 7th 2005 2:53 pm

We are thinking of buying one of those garden hoses coiled like a spring (like old fashioned telephone cords) - anybody tried them ? I have trouble with kinks in the regular kind- drives me mad.

sibsie Jun 7th 2005 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dimsie
We are thinking of buying one of those garden hoses coiled like a spring (like old fashioned telephone cords) - anybody tried them ? I have trouble with kinks in the regular kind- drives me mad.

I use them at the barn. They can be overly springy at first but I like 'em. My life is so sad.

Pimpbot Jun 7th 2005 4:12 pm

Intresting. We need a new one, as the hard water has screwed ours. I get more water around the tap than I do on the patio. lol

Dimsie Jun 7th 2005 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by sibsie
I use them at the barn. They can be overly springy at first but I like 'em. My life is so sad.

Thanks! Yes, same here - but little things mean a lot ;)

Wintersong Jun 7th 2005 5:12 pm

... except that in Britain you either had a torrential downpour or a hosepipe ban :D

Pharrya Jun 7th 2005 8:21 pm

One of my least favourite words in American English is faucet.....

It's a tap! :D