Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

best/worst aspects of living in U.S

best/worst aspects of living in U.S

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best/worst aspects of living in U.S

Originally Posted by JayBowyer

Healthcare costs, as everyone has said, are insane. I'm still paying for the epinephrine shots they gave my baby daughter, who died in 2008. Not trying to be morbid, but that has to change. Go Obama and healthcare reform in general!

Guns, everywhere. They freak me out, along with gun related activities like school shootings...
That's terrible...so sorry Jay...

Agree on the guns.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:52 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That's terrible...so sorry Jay...
that is just awful...I can't even believe how heartless that is
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 2:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayBowyer
Alright, I'll join in:

BEST:

The wooden houses they build that are actually affordable! I can actually (one day, again - long story) afford to own a house here, whereas in the UK one has to have either a good inheritance or a penchant for selling one's own body parts simply to get on the housing ladder.

Voluminous amounts of donuts.

All-you-can-eat Chinese restaurants. Like them a lot.

Space. Lots of space outside the cities.

Crunchy Co-Op stores. They're lots of fun. Nice milk.

WORST:

Healthcare costs, as everyone has said, are insane. I'm still paying for the epinephrine shots they gave my baby daughter, who died in 2008. Not trying to be morbid, but that has to change. Go Obama and healthcare reform in general!

Guns, everywhere. They freak me out, along with gun related activities like school shootings...

The surprising ignorance so many people seem to live with every day - regarding things like other countries, other people, languages, punctuation, shape of the earth and other meaningful things...

The lack of decent, affordable chocolate, steak-and-ale pies, cold meat pies of any description and all manner of other tasty foodstuff. Ah, if I could only reach out and pick up a dipped flake at the supermarket checkout...but no...

So sorry to hear about your daughter.

It's beyond belief that a developed nation doesn't look after it's children's health.