Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best time to book flights to the UK

Best time to book flights to the UK

Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:28 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best time to book flights to the UK

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Aer Lingus regularly offers what they call "2 for 1 Specials" several times over the course of a year. They have done since 1996, when I first came over to the USA.

Cheers!

Jim.
What do you mean by regularly - the cheapest i've ever seen for dub to ord return is $370. Maybe i'm just a bad shopper
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:35 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Try LON airport too. I've flown through there cheaply, just not direct though.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
What do you mean by regularly - the cheapest i've ever seen for dub to ord return is $370. Maybe i'm just a bad shopper
Right now, on their website, they are offering Chicago - Dublin from $130+taxes each way as part of their "Winter Fare Sale" program.

The "2 for 1" has been offered upto 3 times per year in the past. But, if you can go now, you probably will have a hard time trying to find anything better. They of course offer connecting services to various UK Cities....for a little extra.

Jim.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Aer Lingus regularly offers what they call "2 for 1 Specials" several times over the course of a year. They have done since 1996, when I first came over to the USA.

Cheers!

Jim.

Currently Aer Lingus is about $550 return for end of Sept/begining of Oct. All my time travelling back and forth across the atlantic and I never availed/heard of this deal. Ill have to keep my eyes open more....(mind you I never heard of an airline doing a price re-adjustment either...thought only Kohls did that !)