Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The best thing about America

The best thing about America

Old May 28th 2013, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best thing about America

Originally Posted by Ruth16
I guess they dont know about all the homeless on the streets of London
To put it in perspective, the last count of the homeless here showed just over 2,200 homeless. Of those, 700 were under 17. Bear in mind that this is people sleeping rough (not staying with friends or relatives) in March when the overnight temps average around 20F. This is in a town of around 75,000 people.
On one really cold (-10F), the city council asked local churches to open their halls and meeting rooms to house the homeless overnight. Over the 5 largest they asked, 4 refused, including the huge mega-church. Personally, I'd take their tax exemptions and stick them where the sun don's shine.
Sorry for the off-topic rant, but the lack of social care, and the "I'm all right Jack" attitude of people pisses me off no end, especially for a so-called Christian country. Have these people ever read the New Testament?
Old May 28th 2013, 2:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
...... Have these people ever read the New Testament?
I'm going to guess that you haven't checked the fire codes and zoning of said church buildings. I don't know that it would be a problem but either could cause a problem, and quite possibly both.
Old May 28th 2013, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

judesM is an unknown quantity at this point

The general frank and open honesty of Americans compared to Brits. You always know where you stand with them. Very refreshing for me.

The polar opposite of 'hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'
Old May 28th 2013, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

le10 is just really nicele10 is just really nicele10 is just really nicele10 is just really nicele10 is just really nicele10 is just really nicele10 is just really nicele10 is just really nicele10 is just really nicele10 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tipex
So you say anyone with tattoos and piercings is a chav?
As a general rule....yes

You may be an exception though....many are.

Not shallow minded ( are you saying that people who don't like tattoos are shallow ? How bigoted ! )....merely observational.

As for fashion....meh !
Old May 28th 2013, 2:58 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by judesM
The general frank and open honesty of Americans compared to Brits. You always know where you stand with them. Very refreshing for me.

The polar opposite of 'hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way'

That made me smile
Old May 28th 2013, 3:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tattoos do not age well.

But then neither do clothes, fortunately my clothes from my teenage years have long since been discarded. Afghan's that you did not want to be downwind of?

There may be exceptions, I just have not come across any.
Old May 28th 2013, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

tipex will become famous soon enoughtipex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by le10
As a general rule....yes

You may be an exception though....many are.

Not shallow minded ( are you saying that people who don't like tattoos are shallow ? How bigoted ! )....merely observational.

As for fashion....meh !
you have stereotyped anyone with a tattoo or piercing a chav. Take a look at the real world and you'll see all walks of life getting tattoos.
I choose to have piercings and tattoos, there is nothing chavy about it. I bet 3/4 of this forum have at least one tattoo and so we are chavs.
Bigot? yes. I doubt many people feel the same as you.
I'm off to by a shell suit now and a giant gold chain to match.
Old May 28th 2013, 5:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It did not work out too well for Ray.
Old May 28th 2013, 7:52 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/...too-man_1_.jpg

It did not work out too well for Ray.
Troll!
Old May 28th 2013, 8:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

That made me smile
Me too. A good contender for the Funniest Post of the Year Polls.
Old May 28th 2013, 12:40 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Me too. A good contender for the Funniest Post of the Year Polls.
Me three. Good thing I'm taking my morning coffee outside on the deck or I'd have ruined the carpet indoors.
Old May 28th 2013, 3:25 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Fashion and trends change frequently. Ink tends to hang in there far longer.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by tipex
You obviously don't Know fashion and trends because a very large spectrum of adults are getting inked.
Old May 28th 2013, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I thought chavs were more into Burberry clothes than tattoos.
Old May 28th 2013, 3:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I thought chavs were more into Burberry clothes than tattoos.
They just get the Burberry pattern tattooed directly on now. That way they can stop nicking clothes and concentrate on Citroën Saxos instead.
Old May 28th 2013, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
They just get the Burberry pattern tattooed directly on now. That way they can stop nicking clothes and concentrate on Citroën Saxos instead.
God, we had a Citroen Saxo they could have had for free! I hated that car with a purple passion!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.