Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BEST STATE IN AMERICA TO CALL HOME?

BEST STATE IN AMERICA TO CALL HOME?

Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BEST STATE IN AMERICA TO CALL HOME?

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Haven't you asked this same question before?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=667693
Lol - your link says "sorry, no matches".
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:34 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MademoiselleMtl
I think it truly depends what you are looking for in your new home...

I am a city girl, so my ideal home is a place that moves! It also must be culturally diverse, cosmopolitan and metropolitan, liberal thinking, free thinking people, lot's to do at any time of the day or night.

The only 2 cities in the US that I find liveable are San Francisco or NYC.

I guess the reality is that one person's heaven is another person's hell
Or how one can adapt to one's surroundings. I was born and rasied in London, UK but live in a medium size US city which is hardly anything like London. However, I've adapted to life here and am coping OK.

Like you, I thought I could only live in a city like San Francisco or NYC but after living in the US for a couple of years, I decided that kind of life is not for me because what I have in NC is preferable in many ways.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
I'm sure many of you have settled in certain states because of job commitments and/or to be with a partner.If you could live in any state because its where you would prefer to be,which state would you pick?.

Why do you care? You are looking for ways out of the US so why the interest in asking which US state foreigners want to live in?

Or do you just post to hear yourself?
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:04 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Why do you care? You are looking for ways out of the US so why the interest in asking which US state foreigners want to live in?

NCP have you kidnapped Rete
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney

She tried, dear. But put three holes in the water tower instead. I'm big but hell, not that big.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch Rete - that seems a bit harsh.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:54 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Haven't you asked this same question before?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=667693
Probably but hey its a new year why not keep focused on those things which can inspire

Last edited by YankeemovingAbroad; Jan 2nd 2008 at 4:43 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:58 am

:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Probably buy hey its a new year why not keep focused on those things which can inspire
What do you do with the data you gather?
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:07 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me you are not normally this negative?I care because its ok to care.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by :Huey
What do you do with the data you gather?
It's interesting to read that some are choosing states other than Florida or California. Those seem to be the two that people from abroad consider first. Influence of the weather and/or Hollywood perhaps?
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:11 am

:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KJ2007
It's interesting to read that some are choosing states other than Florida or California. Those seem to be the two that people from abroad consider first. Influence of the weather and/or Hollywood perhaps?
Disney
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:13 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Thydney: if you're getting me and Rete mixed up, you're definitely spending too much time with pigs these days.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:14 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by :Huey
Disney
I tend to find that being awake and not too pi$$ed is a good state in which to call home...

Following my own motto I did not call my friends before I went to bed last night...
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:18 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

She tried, dear. But put three holes in the water tower instead. I'm big but hell, not that big.
This thread is funny
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Elvira
I tend to find that being awake and not too pi$$ed is a good state in which to call home...

Following my own motto I did not call my friends before I went to bed last night...
I haven't called home yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.