British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   BEST STATE IN AMERICA TO CALL HOME? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/best-state-america-call-home-502726/)

YankeemovingAbroad Jan 1st 2008 8:02 am

BEST STATE IN AMERICA TO CALL HOME?

I'm sure many of you have settled in certain states because of job commitments and/or to be with a partner.If you could live in any state because its where you would prefer to be,which state would you pick?.

Xebedee Jan 1st 2008 10:55 am

Re: BEST STATE IN AMERICA TO CALL HOME?

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad (Post 5725226)
I'm sure many of you have settled in certain states because of job commitments and/or to be with a partner.If you could live in any state because its where you would prefer to be,which state would you pick?.

Dorset. :D

Poppy girl Jan 1st 2008 11:14 am

Virginia. :D

dunroving Jan 1st 2008 11:16 am

Tennessee (middle). :thumbsup:

dbj1000 Jan 1st 2008 12:07 pm

Whichever one's the furthest from Orlando, Florida.

AngloDreamer Jan 1st 2008 1:00 pm

North Carolina

ugacrew Jan 1st 2008 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 5725586)
Virginia. :D

Woohoo! I'm with you for the state of Virginia. Great place especially when you live in Northern Virginia. Kick ass!

made in sheffield Jan 1st 2008 2:00 pm

not New Jersey

dbj1000 Jan 1st 2008 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by made in sheffield (Post 5725954)
not New Jersey

...and along those lines, not Texas!

YorkshirePudding Jan 1st 2008 3:17 pm

Oregon, Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina, New York...I'm getting a little bit bored of Wisconsin.

polar_bear Jan 1st 2008 3:23 pm

Hawaii for me :thumbup:

Ray Jan 1st 2008 3:24 pm

North Dakota for my MIL....

Xebedee Jan 1st 2008 3:26 pm

Hmmm.

Either Alaska or Maine, but with a summer home in Hawaii to negate the Winter cabin fever.

tamms_1965 Jan 1st 2008 3:43 pm

N. Carolina or Tennessee

Poppy girl Jan 1st 2008 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by ugacrew (Post 5725860)
Woohoo! I'm with you for the state of Virginia. Great place especially when you live in Northern Virginia. Kick ass!

I would have my ass in Middleburg Upperville area beautiful place. :)