Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN THE STATES

BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN THE STATES

Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN THE STATES

Originally Posted by southern comfort
fraid there are lots of seafood restaurants here with a rather large variety of fish we tend to want more than basic fish and chips and malt vinegar lol
The Pacific Northwest is really nice - moderate climate, beautiful nature, mountains, rivers, etc. For fish and chips somewhere on the coast?
But Southern Comfort is right, the Americans want something a bit better than basic fish and chips. Here is a link to my favorite place to eat - check out their menu online.

http://www.blackfishcafe.com/
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zeus76
jerseygirl like i mentioned there is already to many out there also the supply of fish is a problem. Also personally i dont think i could live in florida as it is to hot for me.
check with them where they get their COD ?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh come on we just may want a bit more on our plates than battered fish and fried spuds with malt vinegar over the lot
absolutely right, bring on the mushy peas and ketchup
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:20 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If Americans loved fish and chips...there would be plenty of f & c shops around. I would have thought you need to aim at the Brit expat/holidaymaker market.
There are. Long John Silvers, Captain D's, Arthur Treachers...not the same? Well, Chinky food is also different in the UK as the US or even in Spain- each country sells what SELLS there, according to local likes and dislikes.

BTW- frozen Icelandic Cod is available all over the states.

To the original OP- How old are you? 20 would be my guess.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
absolutely right, bring on the mushy peas and ketchup
SEE thats why I mentioned Orlando and brit tourists
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

haha
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Me to.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

fish and chips as I remember were eaten walking home from the local pub or dance (kept me hands warm too in the winter )
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

fish and chips as I remember were eaten walking home from the local pub or dance (kept me hands warm too in the winter )
tbh i found other places to put me hands to keep them warm
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:27 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
always had a fella to walk me home from the dance...ahhhh sweet memories
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

it depended how deep their pockets were
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

it depended how deep their pockets were
or how stiff the cold made them
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:38 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by farmerwife
The Pacific Northwest is really nice - moderate climate, beautiful nature, mountains, rivers, etc. For fish and chips somewhere on the coast?
But Southern Comfort is right, the Americans want something a bit better than basic fish and chips. Here is a link to my favorite place to eat - check out their menu online.

http://www.blackfishcafe.com/
Yes you get fish and chips everywhere here, cod or halibut with vinegar in restaurants even 'red robin' (lovely fish and chips). You can get a lovely but different preparation of fish but you can't get a decent chip though anywhere here

I have always thought a wee fish chip and van would make a killing here (or maybe its more I want one )
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:40 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru

I have always thought a wee fish chip and van would make a killing here (or maybe its more I want one )
It would have to sell Irn-Bru of course!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.