Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best Movie Of All Time.....

Wikiposts

Best Movie Of All Time.....

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Movie Of All Time.....

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
The Man Who Knew Too Much ?
that was shite...on of the duffers we've got on dvd...
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:26 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Mystic River
Mystic River is about the only movie ever to have given me nightmares.

I'm surprised no-one has mentione Teenage Anal Schoolgirls 3: Asshole for Teacher. a classic in modern film making
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:27 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
that was shite...on of the duffers we've got on dvd...
Cheers Barry
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
Mystic River is about the only movie ever to have given me nightmares.

I'm surprised no-one has mentione Teenage Anal Schoolgirls 3: Asshole for Teacher. a classic in modern film making
I cried buckets at Mystic River, I just can't believe he stabbed him..it was so shocking.

I preferred Teenage Anal Schoolgirls 2 but thats just me..
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

That was me - but its in the 'Worst Movie You Ever Saw' thread. No-one deemed the comment worthy of discussion. Maybe I should have started a new thread.

I thought it was on this thread that someone asked about a movie that you did not expect much from but turned out to be good.
Under this category would be 'Shadowlands' - especially relevant since it is about CS Lewis(Anthony Hopkins) and 'The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe' is out soon - guaranteed to have the girls reaching for kleenex.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:24 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It was, probably because of the theme though...fun twists to the movie...and rhona mitra
Yeah, she's lovely! She was great in Nip/Tuck.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Oohhh.. someone mentioned The General ... reminded me of a film I loved staring Brendan Gleeson even though I think they were talking about keaton?

further additions I totally forgot earlier

Shawshank - I'd read the book, this surprised me in blockbuster and I managed to convince my parents to get it.... they loved it, we all loved it.

Kes - my gran is in that... extra in the pub scenes. Love the film, kinda helps that its based where my dad grew up (and not far from where I grew up).

Amadeus - I have a soft spot for music but this one was fasntastic viewing.

Leon/The Professional - you HAVE to see the uncut version of this film... fantastically beguiling it pulls you in and makes you love a cold hearted killer.

The usual suspects - kevin spacer gauranteed that I'll watch every film he ever makes... great performance, brilliant story, and its got pete in it.

Leaving Las Vegas - watched this one night at uni on a break from programming the program that launched my career, it drew me in so much that I forgot all about deadlines and optimisation
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:14 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
For me its something like ....

School for Scoundrels
Shawshank Redemption
Zulu
Italian Job (original not the crap remake)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Oh! Mr Porter
Life of Brian
The Pianist
Black Hawk Down
gasp!! how could I forget Zulu!! ..I love that movie....must admit ...most of it is because I'm Welsh ...great movie ..and it's always nice to see a young Micheal Caine I like that long one he did with Sean Connery too....can't remember the name though
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Memento
Sideways
Traffic
Fargo
About a boy
The fugitive
The Usual Suspects
Shrek
Die Hard
Shine
My Cousin Vinny (and I just don't care )
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:32 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
gasp!! how could I forget Zulu!! ..I love that movie....must admit ...most of it is because I'm Welsh ...great movie ..and it's always nice to see a young Micheal Caine I like that long one he did with Sean Connery too....can't remember the name though
The man who would be King?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:41 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

The man who would be King?
yeah that's the one ..I need to watch it again it's been years...I knew king was in it but was having a brain fart and all I could think was the King and I

glad to see somebody else like Amadeus I cry sobs to that movie..it's ace
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 5:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lizzi
That was a lot of fun
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot Whale Rider, I love that film I could watch it once a week easily, the books brilliant too.
Also, Secrets and Lies, like most Mike Leigh films.

Annette

Last edited by nethead; Dec 3rd 2005 at 1:10 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 6:29 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lizzi
Memento
Sideways
Traffic
Fargo
About a boy
The fugitive
The Usual Suspects
Shrek
Die Hard
Shine
I own & love that movie, it's a classic IMO!!!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
.... come on then - lets go the other way!!

I have loads but your starter for 10 is Casablanca!

(Not Blair Witch project!!!)

My fav....The English Patient,Out of Africa,Peter Sellars in the Pink Panther movies,several others but can't think of them at the moment!...Sophia