Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best deal on iPad2?

Best deal on iPad2?

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best deal on iPad2?

The rumour is that the I Pad Mini will replace the I Pad 2, perhaps later this year.

I have a Kindle, had a play with the Nexus yesterday. Remember the Kindle comes tax and shipping free, but does not work well in the UK.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Aug 22nd 2012 at 7:38 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:55 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Ok - I've found out how to get 10% off plus a few miles.

AMEX tweeted a deal whereby you get a $20 statement credit for $200+ spent at Best Buy. Mrs tonrob and I have both signed up our mileage-earning AMEX cards and will each use them to buy $200 Best Buy gift cards, navigating to bestbuy.com via our shopping portal of choice to get miles.

When the gift cards arrive we'll navigate back to bestbuy.com via the portal again and use the 2 GCs (plus a bit on a credit card to cover tax) to buy the iPad ($399+tax free shipping).

After saving $40 we'll effectively be buying the iPad for $385, plus we'll get around 1200 miles (which I value at around another $20).

Probably the best deal we're going to get under the circumstances...
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you get the Best Buy rewards zone pints too. They should be worth a $5 voucher or so.