Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best Carrier

Best Carrier

Old May 15th 2012, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

auntieginzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Best Carrier

We are emigrating to California in the next few months. We have a 27" iMac which I really don't want to send with the rest of the furniture in the container. has anyone else shipped a similar object and which is the best carrier to use? UPS or DHL or any other?
Crossing fingers!
Old May 15th 2012, 2:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Carrier

Loads of threads and even stuff in the wiki on what people have used.

Stick it in the box it came in and it shouldn't be a problem.

Possibly consider bringing it with you as excess baggage too.
Old May 15th 2012, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

oxonlad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by auntieginzy
We are emigrating to California in the next few months. We have a 27" iMac which I really don't want to send with the rest of the furniture in the container. has anyone else shipped a similar object and which is the best carrier to use? UPS or DHL or any other?
Crossing fingers!
UPS is great. Since there are UPS stores nearly everywhere - if you have any issues - you can discuss them in person.
Old May 15th 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

auntieginzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much. Too big for carry on sadly as that's what I considered, but we have the box and packing so think if UPS stays the most recommended we'll go with them :-)
Old May 15th 2012, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped similar by air - we had an air freight allowance when we came over from the UK. Pack it in its original packing - it likely came by air from China where it was made anyway... It will be fine.

Slightly tongue in cheek, my favourite carrier is The USS Enterprise...