Benny Hill on BBC America

Wikiposts

Benny Hill on BBC America

Old May 5th 2005, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Benny Hill on BBC America

Originally Posted by Bob
seperate company with the rights to broadcast the shows in the US...and doing a delayed broadcast has other problems because they probably only have the rights to show stuff only in the UK because of the music used in the shows, or broadcasting contracts for sporting events etc....
But you can watch BBC/ITV etc in Europe, certainly the Low Countries, presumable anywhere that the Astra? satellite covers.

And they have all the other 'alien' channels, lots in Spanish, Hindu, Arabic etc

Why not in English?
Old May 5th 2005, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Feezy has a spectacular aura aboutFeezy has a spectacular aura aboutFeezy has a spectacular aura about

USA =\= irony

I am now going to put my head in my hands and weep at the majority of responses on page 1 of this thread. For the love of God...
Old May 5th 2005, 2:16 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HappyHammer
Has anyone watched BBC America recently There's this fantastic comedian I think his name is Benny Hill ? He's so on the pulse with today, and such a wicked sense of humour. Hats of to the execs at BBC America for keeping up to date with all the latest comedy to come out of the U.K. I can't get enough of him, even though he seems to be on every night.
I intend to write to the big wigs at BBC America, and ask them if they will look into possibly showing that other top comedian from the British Isles.... what's his name ??? Aurthur Askey I think ???
Maybe they'll bring back Dick Emery too..........
Old May 5th 2005, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feezy
USA =\= irony

I am now going to put my head in my hands and weep at the majority of responses on page 1 of this thread. For the love of God...
Old May 5th 2005, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feezy
USA =\= irony

I have no excuse. I'll get my coat...
Old May 5th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
PMSL... ya daft buggar
Old May 5th 2005, 2:44 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

The strange thing is, all the Americans I know who can get BBCA think it's pretty crap these days too. Most of their comedies are shows that have been playing on PBS since the 70s, and any new shows just get run into the ground. The fact that the channel still refuses to show Only Fools & Horses was enough for me to get rid of it.
Old May 5th 2005, 2:45 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

No! don't leave! we need more of your kind around these parts
Old May 5th 2005, 3:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
But you can watch BBC/ITV etc in Europe, certainly the Low Countries, presumable anywhere that the Astra? satellite covers.

And they have all the other 'alien' channels, lots in Spanish, Hindu, Arabic etc

Why not in English?
Aye, that's true..at the end of the day, it's all pretty lame set of excuses, especially if there worried about people downloading the shows...a paid subscription to web shows would certainly help with things...
Old May 5th 2005, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Feezy has a spectacular aura aboutFeezy has a spectacular aura aboutFeezy has a spectacular aura about

Old May 6th 2005, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else use UKNOVA to download TV from the UK?
I've been watching Have I got News for You the past few nights - great programme!
Anyone else see the "final" Angus show when he was basically ripped to pieces for the "prostitute" affair?
Old May 6th 2005, 2:07 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndySmithers
I've been watching Have I got News for You the past few nights - great programme!
Anyone else see the "final" Angus show when he was basically ripped to pieces for the "prostitute" affair?
Hven't seen the new series of HIGNFY yet, but I have been using UKNOVA to see Doctor Who, as well as a few other shows as well. That site really is an expats wet dream!
Old May 6th 2005, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Hven't seen the new series of HIGNFY yet, but I have been using UKNOVA to see Doctor Who, as well as a few other shows as well. That site really is an expats wet dream!
So long as you can actually get registered, it's great. They keep the numbers down and strictly enforce the quotas.
I've got a HIGNFY episode to watch tonight hosted by Nicholas Parsons! Ye Gods! Come back Angus, all is forgiven. Mind you the one hosted by Jeremy Clarkson was the best so far - even the Beeb "bleeped" out some of this!
Old May 6th 2005, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

So long as you can actually get registered, it's great. They keep the numbers down and strictly enforce the quotas.
I've got a HIGNFY episode to watch tonight hosted by Nicholas Parsons! Ye Gods! Come back Angus, all is forgiven. Mind you the one hosted by Jeremy Clarkson was the best so far - even the Beeb "bleeped" out some of this!
Me too, I haven't been able to get registered
Old May 6th 2005, 4:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Great show, not to keen on the new format though...and missed that episode, well gutted...
But for tv shows, check out: http://www.btefnet.net/
Because there isn't any ratio or sign ups...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.