Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Benny Hill on BBC America

Benny Hill on BBC America

Old May 5th 2005, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

HappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to all
Default Benny Hill on BBC America

Has anyone watched BBC America recently There's this fantastic comedian I think his name is Benny Hill ? He's so on the pulse with today, and such a wicked sense of humour. Hats of to the execs at BBC America for keeping up to date with all the latest comedy to come out of the U.K. I can't get enough of him, even though he seems to be on every night.
I intend to write to the big wigs at BBC America, and ask them if they will look into possibly showing that other top comedian from the British Isles.... what's his name ??? Aurthur Askey I think ???
Old May 5th 2005, 10:42 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benny Hill on BBC America

I'm looking forward to them airing some Norman Wisdom and George Formby movies personally
At least Benny is better than seeing the same episode of Monarch of the ****ing Glenn for the 14 time in a month. I know what you are saying though.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:52 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes please, and maybe some of Billy Cotton's big band programmes too.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:53 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bored-silly
Oh yes please, and maybe some of Billy Cotton's big band programmes too.
I think they should definitely bring back "What's my Line?'...
Old May 5th 2005, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

HappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to allHappyHammer is a name known to all

Here's tonights schedule...
7:00 pm ET Benny Hill Show, The
8:00 pm ET Monty Python's Flying Circus
8:40 pm ET Monty Python's Flying Circus
9:20 pm ET Monty Python's Flying Circus
0:00 pm ET Shameless
11:00 pm ET Benny Hill Show, The
12:00 am ET Monty Python's Flying Circus

What's this Monty Python Flying Circus all about, never heard of that, must be another new one.

I expect even the poor yanks watching BBC America must have their fill by now ?
Old May 5th 2005, 11:04 pm

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomelina
At least Benny is better than seeing the same episode of Monarch of the ****ing Glenn for the 14 time in a month. I know what you are saying though.
Are you sure?
Old May 5th 2005, 11:08 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HappyHammer
Has anyone watched BBC America recently There's this fantastic comedian I think his name is Benny Hill ? He's so on the pulse with today, and such a wicked sense of humour. Hats of to the execs at BBC America for keeping up to date with all the latest comedy to come out of the U.K. I can't get enough of him, even though he seems to be on every night.
I intend to write to the big wigs at BBC America, and ask them if they will look into possibly showing that other top comedian from the British Isles.... what's his name ??? Aurthur Askey I think ???
I'm sorry. I could have sworn I read that you think Benny Hill is a fantastic comedian. Oh.....you did. Oh dear.

BBC America is lacking new comedy although The Smoking Room has just started.

Keeping Up Appearances?

Are You Being Served?

Please.
Old May 5th 2005, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HappyHammer
You're not serious are you???? either that or you're not British.
Old May 5th 2005, 11:13 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I'm hoping there was sarcasm in the opening post. At least, I really hope so.
Old May 5th 2005, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
I'm hoping there was sarcasm in the opening post. At least, I really hope so.
I hope so too! It has as much arse licking as a Fox News reporter presenting a town hall debate with George Bush.
Old May 5th 2005, 11:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind

BBC America is lacking new comedy although The Smoking Room has just started.
a new series? still working my way through the first one...great stuff

And what bbca needs to do is show the carry on movies, really run with the old cheese theme...
Old May 5th 2005, 11:28 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally Posted by Bob
And what bbca needs to do is show the carry on movies, really run with the old cheese theme...
Do I really have to shoot you?
Old May 5th 2005, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
You have been in the US too long - you've lost your irony bone - quick find it, it's located near to your sarcasm nerve!
Old May 5th 2005, 11:32 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP is either a troll or is seriously taking the piss. We've had Benny Hill over here since I was a kid; ain't like America's never seen it before.

BBCA = pile of wank

BBCA = the reason we in the US are not allowed to stream the *real* BBC channels
Old May 5th 2005, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I think the OP is either a troll or is seriously taking the piss. We've had Benny Hill over here since I was a kid; ain't like America's never seen it before.

BBCA = pile of wank

BBCA = the reason we in the US are not allowed to stream the *real* BBC channels
Have you had a sense of humor failure today SB?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.