Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bennett: Black Abortions Would Lower Crime

Wikiposts

Bennett: Black Abortions Would Lower Crime

Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:13 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bennett: Black Abortions Would Lower Crime

Originally Posted by Pigtails
Well said CA.

I hate it when we agree
oh god we agreed? "faints" ..I thought you were going to tear me apart because of my pro-life comment.......or haven't you seen that yet?

well guys and gals schools over so I'm outta here....no honestly...it's not because I'm scared of P..P..Pigtails!! :scared:

Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:39 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
well I've been around a lot of moms and never once have I come across
I have
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:45 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

oh god we agreed? "faints" ..I thought you were going to tear me apart because of my pro-life comment.......or haven't you seen that yet?
Must have missed that. Dammit. I'll get you when you come back!

[/QUOTE]

well guys and gals schools over so I'm outta here....no honestly...it's not because I'm scared of P..P..Pigtails!! :scared:

[/QUOTE]

Be afraid, be very afraid!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:45 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Manc
I have
Sick puppy
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sick puppy
just a messy one...
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of you when I saw this and that book Freakanomics(I'm on the waiting list at the library # sixty-something )

anyway I reckon you are right , it's not a race thing but a poverty thing, picking out a certain race like this guy just shows what a racist he is.......while I fully agree with abortion as a choice...this guy almost suggests some kind of genocide of black infants.....the intelligent won't see it that way but there's plenty of small minded racist idiots out there who will....he should formally apologise and fully explain what he meant to say..without the racial comment!

how about better schools, a better start and a brighter future.....knowing that you will learn a skill, can afford that education..won't these things also help lower the crime rate amongst the poor? worth a try eh...but of course nobody wants to put their money behind these kinds of programs...best to just suggest the abortion of a certain race of infants ....the more I think about it the angrier I get!!!
Its a great book - wait til you read the bit about naming kids and their behaviour - Temptress and Shitohead (SIC) brilliant stuff
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Its a great book - wait til you read the bit about naming kids and their behaviour - Temptress and Shitohead (SIC) brilliant stuff
Winner and loser...superb names
Old Sep 30th 2005, 4:59 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

"He went on to call that "an impossible, ridiculous and morally reprehensible thing to do"

Read the article again, he was not advocating it.

However, it was a completely moronic example to make.
Yes, but why bother thinking of a scenario that is impossible and morally reprehensible?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 5:02 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh God!!!!
Heres a better forum for you .. http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/
Just because I am against guns for the masses doesn't make me a knitter...

I prefer sewing anyway.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of
Angry Re: Bennett: Black Abortions Would Lower Crime

I was thinking of you when I saw this and that book Freakanomics(I'm on the waiting list at the library # sixty-something )

anyway I reckon you are right , it's not a race thing but a poverty thing, picking out a certain race like this guy just shows what a racist he is.......while I fully agree with abortion as a choice...this guy almost suggests some kind of genocide of black infants.....the intelligent won't see it that way but there's plenty of small minded racist idiots out there who will....he should formally apologise and fully explain what he meant to say..without the racial comment!

how about better schools, a better start and a brighter future.....knowing that you will learn a skill, can afford that education..won't these things also help lower the crime rate amongst the poor? worth a try eh...but of course nobody wants to put their money behind these kinds of programs...best to just suggest the abortion of a certain race of infants ....the more I think about it the angrier I get!!!

blacks commit more crime???????
er....most sexual predators are white males!!!! and if those stats were true could it be that more blacks are stopped by police - racial profiling!!!!!
gggrrrr
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:31 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

It takes two to tango, folks. Truth is that black males tend to not stick around. The percentage of African-American children being raised in one-parent households (mom) is far higher than the national average. In large part this is due to poverty, but it's also due to it being accepted as a sad fact of life.

Condoms are very effective, inexpensive, readily available, and have no medical side effects as the Pill does. They are also over-the-counter, unlike the Pill. There are pharmacists who are now refusing to dispense not only the morning-after Pill, but the morning-before Pill, because it can prevent pregnancy by causing a fertilised egg (which they equate to a human being) from attaching to the womb. Condoms prevent fertilisation, period.

Women the world over face resistance by men who don't want to wear condoms. In some countries women don't have the right to refuse. They know the man will do it anyway and in those countries, the male's right to have sex is unquestioned.

In this country, I've not yet heard of a case where a man was convicted of rape when he forced himself upon a woman who was insisting he wear a condom and he wouldn't. After all, most women who are that intimate with a man have some feelings for him, whether it's being in love or being scared shitless. Are women really going to try to prosecute the guy for insisting on sex without a condom?

Let's try an experiment: put Bennett in the lockup with a bunch of condoms. Let's see what his success rate is in persuading convicts to either forgo sex, or to use a condom if they can't be talked out of abstinence.

This isn't just about race, or poverty, but the right of women to refuse to have sex, or to insist upon condom usage, and have those decisions respected by their male partners.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:02 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Please...do you honestly think there are more than a handful of girls who have not ever heard of Birth Control, The Morning After Pill, Abortion, or adoption?

All the options you allude to are freely available...and still the illegitimate birth rate continues to soar. If Birth control and abortion were the solution, we would not have over 80% illegitimatacy rates in the African American community.

Ahhh, yes, it is of course the rich's fault...by your simple reasoning. It certainly can not be the fault of the 13 yr old girl who spread her legs, or her 14 year old boyfriend. Nahhh, they cant help it...they're poor and uneducated.
Your reasoning seems more racist than the other side...almost as if you are saying that blacks are less intelligent than other races- because they're too (insert word...stupid, lazy, ignorant...) to take responsibility for their own lives and actions.

Lets face it- most of the so called poor in America, are poor due to their own decisions- not because the Government has failed to provide for them. They have choosen to make and have children while they are still children themselves, they have choosen to use drugs or alchohl to excess, they have choosen to not continue their education, they have choosen to suck the State tit rather than getting off their asses and bettering themselves and living productive lives. This applies to all races.

I had to take the morning after pill once in America. Right after I'd gotten married. Nowhere in Pennsylvania could I find a Pharmacist who sold the morning-after pill and was given rather curt treatment when I inquired about it. I was told that there used to be a womens clinic just across the state line in NY but people had protested outside it so much for 'promoting sex' that it was closed down. My only option then was to go to the Emergency Room where I was looked at like scum, told I could not have my husband with me, and promptly charged $640 for the morning after pill. They also, without my permission, called my employer (it was a Sunday!) to tell her what was happening. Then I was told to go on the pill and again without my permission charged a further $120 for a 3 month supply...

Freely available is not a phrase I would use in conjunction with contraception in this country, nor do I think the treatment I was given is fair and acceptable or particularly affordable. I'm married and accidents happen. Being treated in a sub-human manner because of your gender and because you're not a virgin is despicable.

The system doesn't work and needs to be addressed. Having a pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps attitude is great in theory but does not actually work. Like simply telling a homeless person to 'get a job' doesn't solve the problem of the homeless.

Maybe if birth control and health care were more affordable and people were able to actually get hold of the morning after pill and buy it without having to choose between that and the rent money things might be a bit different. Also if regular birth control pill didn't cost $360+ a year it may help matters.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah
The system doesn't work and needs to be addressed. Having a pull-yourself-up-by-your-bootstraps attitude is great in theory but does not actually work. Like simply telling a homeless person to 'get a job' doesn't solve the problem of the homeless.
Having lived in Central London, I was interested in the discussion on this issue taking place in Denver.

The obvious comment was that the vast majority of homeless are so because of substance abuse or mental issues. Unless you address those issues, then the rest is pointless.

Nobody has commented why this is a particularly Black issue, why is it that pretty much every new immigrant community (ex Muslims for some reason) that starts at the bottom soon passses the Black community despite the preferences they receive.

I think my first post here was my surprise at the openly to me racist comments about the Hispanic community, comments that would have never been made about the Black community.

Perhaps their is an acceptance about the Black community that feeds the situation, making it selfperputating?

PS My granddaughter is a quarter black, something that should be of great assistance to her as she progresses through the school system!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
I agree. They should tackle the real issues of why there are so many poor people in the richest country in the world. The US has the most crime in the West because of gun availability.

guns don't shoot people........people shoot people
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by psb182
He went on to call that "an impossible, ridiculous and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky.
As a Politician it was a stupid thing to say, but that does not make the numbers wrong.

There was something I listened to some time back that was discussing the issues around the movement in western society for the balance in births between poor and rich, and the negative long term impact. It has to be true, on average the richer are having fewer children later in life, with all the issues that raises, and of course spending more money, if not personal time, on their education.

The consequences would seem to be a widening in the gaps in society.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.