Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Being wished 'Happy 4th'

Being wished 'Happy 4th'

Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:16 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Being wished 'Happy 4th'

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I don't handle crowds well, so I avoided it for that reason. We went to a few when I was younger, it wasn't so bad then.
Unnecessary walking makes me sad.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:17 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Unnecessary walking makes me sad.

I actually quite like walking, which is uncharacteristic of my general stay at home and do bugger all nature, but walking was always an excellent way of getting to be by myself
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:23 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I actually quite like walking, which is uncharacteristic of my general stay at home and do bugger all nature, but walking was always an excellent way of getting to be by myself
Walking the dog is a nice way to spend time, and good company too compared to most people.

Parades just make me think of things like this....

Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:24 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Walking the dog is a nice way to spend time, and good company too compared to most people.

Parades just make me think of things like this....

http://yaypics.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-sJRB5vn-M.jpg

Well, yes. When I walk I do it alone, or pushing the baby in her buggy. I can't handle groups of people larger than, say, three or four ...
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:26 pm

Well, yes. When I walk I do it alone, or pushing the baby in her buggy. I can't handle groups of people larger than, say, three or four ...
3 is a crowd.

I suck at people.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:32 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I never understood (here or in the UK) the point of rows of people marching up and down a street. It just seems such a waste of a day to me.
They have to get to the pub somehow. It always struck me that was the whole point of the twelfth, a big loud march to the pub. (funny picture by the way)
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:33 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by kimilseung
They have to get to the pub somehow. It always struck me that was the whole point of the twelfth, a big loud march to the pub.
That's secondary to the two days off work, without which one wouldn't be able to march to the pub
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung
They have to get to the pub somehow. It always struck me that was the whole point of the twelfth, a big loud march to the pub. (funny picture by the way)
That's secondary to the two days off work, without which one wouldn't be able to march to the pub

Ok.. The whole thing is beginning to make a little more sense now.

Still, not sure why you couldn't take the bus... maybe a taxi.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:36 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I can't handle groups of people larger than, say, three or four ...
What are you going to do if you make it big as a musician?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:38 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Many people will assure me that I probably won't have to worry too much about that

I'll be on the stage though and since I don't intend to be a member of Earth, Wind and Fire any time soon, there shouldn't be more than four other blokes to deal with! Point well made, though - it is an issue I run into at gigs currently. I try to fade into the background as much as I can when not playing.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:40 pm

He could be Dave Gilmour. He never spoke to anyone. Plus, it would probably be pretty good bein him. And it would give the other Dave Gilmour a break.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

He could be Dave Gilmour. He never spoke to anyone. Plus, it would probably be pretty good bein him. And it would give the other Dave Gilmour a break.
And better than being in Earth, Wind and Fire any day of the week.

They ought to be disqualified - they shouldn't be allowed more than three band members without adding more elements. Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Dark Matter, and Higgs Bosun, for example.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:46 pm

And better than being in Earth, Wind and Fire any day of the week.

They ought to be disqualified - they shouldn't be allowed more than three band members without adding more elements. Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Dark Matter, and Higgs Bosun, for example.
I vote we put you in charge.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:48 pm

I vote we put you in charge.
Sadly, I can't play or sing a note.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:50 pm

Sadly, I can't play or sing a note.
You can be Paul McCartney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.