Beer

Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:41 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beer

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Ever been to the Binny's? They've got an overwhelming selection of wine and beer and the staff is very helpful. The one on Butterfield Rd. in Downer's Grove is particularly good.

http://www.binnys.com/index.cfm
We do got to Binnys but for the wine as I'm not really a beer drinker!

Plus being able to get more than a few Yorkshire Ales at whole foods and having one on my door step is all I really need when it comes to ale.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

By the way, Bells is from Kalamazoo Michigan, thats if you are talking about the same Bells, Oberon, Expedition Stout, Hopslam etc? I have a Cajun Restaurant and we sell Abita Beers for the masses, personally I think all their beers are dreadfull with almost no taste at all. But thats just my opinion!!
If someone comes in and asks for something different, I always ask them what they usually drink, and they reply Bud Light or Miller Lite, so I let them taste an Abita Amber and they go for it almost every time, I'm always tempted to say yes, thats because it tastes of nothing!!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Floridared
By the way, Bells is from Kalamazoo Michigan, thats if you are talking about the same Bells, Oberon, Expedition Stout, Hopslam etc? I have a Cajun Restaurant and we sell Abita Beers for the masses, personally I think all their beers are dreadfull with almost no taste at all. But thats just my opinion!!
If someone comes in and asks for something different, I always ask them what they usually drink, and they reply Bud Light or Miller Lite, so I let them taste an Abita Amber and they go for it almost every time, I'm always tempted to say yes, thats because it tastes of nothing!!
I agree, about their best ale is Turbodog IMO, and even that I wouldn't purchase unless it was on sale. The Abita Amber Larger is just awful, period. It is right up there with Bud, Sam Adams, Blue Moon etc.

I am currently working my way through a 6-pack of Victory HopDevil Ale-- I love this stuff on the colder nights.

Last edited by Leyther; Feb 20th 2010 at 4:52 am.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Leyther
I agree, about their best ale is Turbodog IMO, and even that I wouldn't purchase unless it was on sale. The Abita Amber Larger is just awful, period. It is right up there with Bud, Sam Adams, Blue Moon etc.

I am currently working my way through a 6-pack of Victory HopDevil Ale-- I love this stuff on the colder nights.
Sam Adams actually does produce some tasty beers for a big brewery. Someone mentioned Lazy Magnolia beer. The owner has been round to my Restaurant 3 times trying to get me to take it on. She's a very nice lady, but her beer is absolutely tasteless!! Victory beers are pretty good, I especially like the V12 Liquid Luxury in a bottle!!