Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bed/sofa/floor needed in Stanford in Dec for 16 nights!

Bed/sofa/floor needed in Stanford in Dec for 16 nights!

Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bed/sofa/floor needed in Stanford in Dec for 16 nights!

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Apparently not

Under water = currently worth less than the mortgage. The value dropped by 120K.
Ouch!! Can you rent it out for a while, till (hopefuly) it rebounds a little?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Ouch!! Can you rent it out for a while, till (hopefuly) it rebounds a little?

Yes, that's the current plan
Old Nov 20th 2009, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's the current plan
Cool, hope you find good tenants sweety
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ooo Ooooo Oooooooo Look what I found!

www.airbnb.com

This is what I'm after
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light

Ooo Ooooo Oooooooo Look what I found!

www.airbnb.com

This is what I'm after
If you can afford $50, go for the 'Silicon Bliss' one at the top of the page (when you enter 'Palo Alto')! That looks pretty good (mmm, organic cookies and muesli and veggie garden!) and very close to Stanford. Whichever one you decide looks best for you, don't delay!

(BTW, I'm just amazed that Stanford itself, the university OR the hospital, wasn't able to at least point you in the direction of sites like that)
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Black Sheep
If you can afford $50, go for the 'Silicon Bliss' one at the top of the page (when you enter 'Palo Alto')! That looks pretty good (mmm, organic cookies and muesli and veggie garden!) and very close to Stanford. Whichever one you decide looks best for you, don't delay!

(BTW, I'm just amazed that Stanford itself, the university OR the hospital, wasn't able to at least point you in the direction of sites like that)

I'm also amazed!

I'm currently negotiating via email!