Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bed shipping costs?

Bed shipping costs?

Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:57 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bed shipping costs?

Originally Posted by Ray
I might just want an Ikea bed...
They're very low to the ground, you know!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
They're very low to the ground, you know!
OH!!! not for me then... I like to fall out of bed ..not up of bed ...
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Drebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of lightDrebin is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers guys. The Burbank one is not too far away, so I'll probably end up going with Ikea.

Nice to know shipping isn't at extortionate as I feared too, ta.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Actually, come to think of it, what's the problem with a 5-hour drive. Before they opened an Ikea in metro Phoenix, folks use to drive to San Diego just to pick stuff up from Ikea -- 350 miles, about 5 hours. Make it there and back in less than a day!
I think there's one in Montreal, could be Toronto...either way, it's quicker to get to there than the one in Mass...hmmmm....
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:29 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I think there's one in Montreal, could be Toronto...either way, it's quicker to get to there than the one in Mass...hmmmm....
There's one outside of Montreal (east) which is easier to get to what with all the traffic. That would be closest to you by far. Every time we've gone there it's been nearly empty and dare I say a pleasure to visit.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
There's one outside of Montreal (east) which is easier to get to what with all the traffic. That would be closest to you by far. Every time we've gone there it's been nearly empty and dare I say a pleasure to visit.
Montreal East...the road that never ends
well it's about the same time to drive there as it is to Mass...I think milage wise it is further, but the roads do seem to flow a lot better...but canada is out of the question for me, for a while longer at least
Old Nov 1st 2005, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drebin
Cheers guys. The Burbank one is not too far away, so I'll probably end up going with Ikea.

Nice to know shipping isn't at extortionate as I feared too, ta.
As you've mentioned Burbank, are you moving to the LA area? If so I know a few other decent furniture shops that sell nice beds plus other things you might need. Let me know.