British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Beckham TV - proof Americans have no WIT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/beckham-tv-proof-americans-have-no-wit-467110/)

franc11s Jul 18th 2007 1:20 pm

Beckham TV - proof Americans have no WIT

(don't read spoilers below if you haved taped and yet to watched).

Americans really don't understand British Wit. This program got slated because they just don't "get it".

I laughed my arse off last night at the "Simon Fuller" produced (1 off) "Beckhams coming to America" to prove the point.

Watching Posh (Vicky) visit her WACKY neigbors including one of the face-lifts-by-crane ladies that did a DOLPHIN impression was a hoot. She got them all drunk and it was so friggin hilarious watching this bunch of cardboard stiff faces rolling around the floor.

Also, when Posh wanted to buy a watch for David without the paprazzi in tow, she brought a blow up doll (at the sex shop) and dressed it like herself (including full hair style) and sent it out of her house in the SUV. The fxxking American Paparazzi fell for it hook line and sinker.

She might be a a bit Posh for America and I've never really liked her that much but last night she proved, underneath her money making abilities (and some snobbery), she can have a good ol' laugh like the rest of us.

America's bleating about the show proves beyond a doubt, they don't have a clue when someone is taking the piss out of them either.

A must see....

Tarkak9 Jul 18th 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Beckham TV - proof Americans have no WIT

Originally Posted by franc11s (Post 5072389)
she brought a blow up doll (at the sex shop) and dressed it like herself (including full hair style) and sent it out of her house in the SUV.

Didn't know it was so cheap to clone a person - although I suspect IQ was tampered with in the process.

Tea Pot Jul 18th 2007 1:40 pm

(don't read spoilers below if you haved taped and yet to watched).

Americans really don't understand British Wit. This program got slated because they just don't "get it".

I laughed my arse off last night at the "Simon Fuller" produced (1 off) "Beckhams coming to America" to prove the point.

Watching Posh (Vicky) visit her WACKY neigbors including one of the face-lifts-by-crane ladies that did a DOLPHIN impression was a hoot. She got them all drunk and it was so friggin hilarious watching this bunch of cardboard stiff faces rolling around the floor.

Also, when Posh wanted to buy a watch for David without the paprazzi in tow, she brought a blow up doll (at the sex shop) and dressed it like herself (including full hair style) and sent it out of her house in the SUV. The fxxking American Paparazzi fell for it hook line and sinker.

She might be a a bit Posh for America and I've never really liked her that much but last night she proved, underneath her money making abilities (and some snobbery), she can have a good ol' laugh like the rest of us.

America's bleating about the show proves beyond a doubt, they don't have a clue when someone is taking the piss out of them either.

A must see....

Interesting !

I do find her to be a poser, but know she does have a sense of humour from watching her on TV progs back home...

Haven't seen this special yet, I shall watch it Thursday evening (I think its on Bravo here) and see for myself.

Tea Pot ;)

another bloody yank Jul 18th 2007 1:53 pm

Or, maybe, not enough of us cared.

TruBrit Jul 18th 2007 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 5072491)

i actually think on this occasion you're right - well there's a first :ohmy:;)

another bloody yank Jul 18th 2007 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5072501)
i actually think on this occasion you're right - well there's a first :ohmy:;)

:rofl:

I'm proud to be your first...

franc11s Jul 18th 2007 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 5072491)

Your right, my wife recorded it (she loves REality TV - I hate it) and I was about to go into the basement to watch a decent movie BUT i hesitated by making a cup of tea and saw that Simon Fuller had produced it.... I watched the first minute or two whilst Kettle was boiling and I was hooked... It was class entertainment and I was real glad I did.

another bloody yank Jul 18th 2007 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by franc11s (Post 5072527)
It was class entertainment and I was real glad I did.

I didn't watch it so I really can't judge it. However, after reading all that has been said about her here, by Brits, are you sure "class" was the best word to use?

DollyLlama Jul 18th 2007 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by franc11s (Post 5072527)
It was class entertainment

Entertainment for about 2 minutes.........but class? :rofl:

Irn-bru Jul 18th 2007 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama (Post 5072555)

so with you, saw the clip of her in the DMV and her posing for her photo and asking for a touch up after it was taken and thats after her make-up person put on lippy for her :eek: :rofl:
No wonder the Americans couldn't stand her, I can't :sneaky:

franc11s Jul 18th 2007 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by DollyLlama (Post 5072555)

It's all relative... so much crap on TV :thumbup: Class is probably stretching it but it was funny, I was having a blast.... More at the American "reaction" than anything else :eek:

franc11s Jul 18th 2007 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Irn-bru (Post 5072568)
so with you, saw the clip of her in the DMV and her posing for her photo and asking for a touch up after it was taken and thats after her make-up person put on lippy for her :eek: :rofl:
No wonder the Americans couldn't stand her, I can't :sneaky:

She was taking the piss FFS... Brilliant.... She wanted another picture and the DMV said no smiling... HA HA HA

Irn-bru Jul 18th 2007 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by franc11s (Post 5072581)
She was taking the piss FFS... Brilliant.... She wanted another picture and the DMV said no smiling... HA HA HA

So that excused her weird pose and having someone put lippy on her? :unsure:
And you put more intelligence onto her re thinking its British style of humour as when she asked the woman to take the photo again, think she was serious IMO. Think she MIGHT have been joking re touch up but I doubt it.

another bloody yank Jul 18th 2007 2:23 pm

I'm not surprised they fell for it, it's not much of a difference after all is it?

DollyLlama Jul 18th 2007 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Irn-bru (Post 5072601)
So that excused her weird pose and having someone put lippy on her? :unsure:
And you put more intelligence onto her re thinking its British style of humour as when she asked the woman to take the photo again, think she was serious IMO. Think she MIGHT have been joking re touch up but I doubt it.

Hard to think she is 33........she acts like a silly teenager