Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Beating the heat?

Beating the heat?

Old Jul 23rd 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beating the heat?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
You are all a bunch of wimps......welcome to our world
I'll second that!
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 6:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Seeing as I'm 8 months pregnant I've stayed indoors for much of this week, only venturing out to go to the doc's. Its kinda sucked because I've really wanted to go for a walk, but I know I'd only be able to waddle along for a few mins before I felt like I was going to keel over.
Enormo glass of iced tea and AC cranked up high 24/7.
I've been thinking of you in this heat. Hate NYC in summer...and in winter. In fact the last time I was there was last September.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 7:25 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Seeing as I'm 8 months pregnant I've stayed indoors for much of this week, only venturing out to go to the doc's. Its kinda sucked because I've really wanted to go for a walk, but I know I'd only be able to waddle along for a few mins before I felt like I was going to keel over.
Enormo glass of iced tea and AC cranked up high 24/7.
Be careful! It's so easy to overdo it at this stage.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1chumly
I'll second that!
We need a good old tropical storm to make us more humid... oops, that may happen next week
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Thats not fair, they have super high humidity, isn't dry as a bone in Texas?
We are pretty normal for summer today 95 but dry, I still don't like it.
AC set at 79 and we are hiding out.
We used to go hang at the Mall all day when it got too hot, now the mall is too far away so we stay home.
Errrr....no! Not where I am on the Gulf Coast, triple digits started back in May here and will stay probably up until the end of September.

Humidity is part of our lives probably 10 months of the year.
Texas is a hard one to figure out (for me) humidity-wise. I've been to Houston and the Gulf Coast region, and it was the most humid, bug-infested place I've ever endured. But other parts of Texas seem to have dry heat, at least part of the year. Maybe the San Antonio region is dry?

Here in Phoenix/Scottsdale, the summer has been friggin' awesome so far! It's 'only' in the low 100's (not the 110s that can occur) and very few storms so far, so the humidity is low. 100F, out of the direct sun, with humidity in the 20% range is actually quite delightful. And the nights are perfect ... mid-90s after sun-down, low humidity - nothing could be better for sitting outside and enjoying a cold beer! I have my AC set to 82. I'll drop it to 80 once in a while but I usually get too cold.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 9:55 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike

I have my AC set to 82. I'll drop it to 80 once in a while but I usually get too cold.
Skinny people are always cold.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 10:05 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've been thinking of you in this heat. Hate NYC in summer...and in winter. In fact the last time I was there was last September.
I love NYC in the winter.. it's so mild, hardly goes down to 20 degrees!!! And since when there I have no car, I don't care how much it snows!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Skinny people are always cold.
I am not skinny and I am always cold. One of the reasons I hate Michigan winters.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:21 am
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

A plump woman I know has gone to NYC for the weekend and the funny thing is she never bothered to check the weather before she went.
It was 104 degrees in Central Park this week.
Hopefully the fat cow will sweat a few pounds off.

( And hopefully the missus doesn't read this because it's her sister ! )
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cuthbert Rizla
A plump woman I know has gone to NYC for the weekend and the funny thing is she never bothered to check the weather before she went.
It was 104 degrees in Central Park this week.
Hopefully the fat cow will sweat a few pounds off.

( And hopefully the missus doesn't read this because it's her sister ! )
I have never seen you post on BE except for this and the Amy Winehouse thread... you seem like a real nice guy NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

You are all a bunch of wimps......welcome to our world
Yeah, a club I'd rather not be in.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:32 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Texas is a hard one to figure out (for me) humidity-wise. I've been to Houston and the Gulf Coast region, and it was the most humid, bug-infested place I've ever endured. But other parts of Texas seem to have dry heat, at least part of the year. Maybe the San Antonio region is dry?

Here in Phoenix/Scottsdale, the summer has been friggin' awesome so far! It's 'only' in the low 100's (not the 110s that can occur) and very few storms so far, so the humidity is low. 100F, out of the direct sun, with humidity in the 20% range is actually quite delightful. And the nights are perfect ... mid-90s after sun-down, low humidity - nothing could be better for sitting outside and enjoying a cold beer! I have my AC set to 82. I'll drop it to 80 once in a while but I usually get too cold.
Thats like our summer so far, we've hardly passed the 100 mark, we've had wonderful stretches in the 80's which is really unusual, but much appreciated by me. Supposed to be 94 today about the same as yesterday.
Now if we can get to the end of September without passing 100 I'll be a happy camper.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:34 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yeah, a club I'd rather not be in.
I'm not applying to that club either.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:49 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I have never seen you post on BE except for this and the Amy Winehouse thread... you seem like a real nice guy NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't tell me you're a fat bird as well ?

Sorry if I offended you love.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 10:30 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Same, I can't wait to move out of the city. Really had enough of the extreme temps, makes me feel like an old lady because I'm always moaning about the weather.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.