British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Beans on Toast - best meal ever? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/beans-toast-best-meal-ever-344323/)

USBound Dec 24th 2005 4:57 am

Beans on Toast - best meal ever?

I just ate it for dinner - yes I'm lazy - but hey I could eat that every meal... fantastic eats and only 100 farts per can.

CaliforniaBride Dec 24th 2005 7:14 am

Re: Beans on Toast - best meal ever?

Originally Posted by USBound
I just ate it for dinner - yes I'm lazy - but hey I could eat that every meal... fantastic eats and only 100 farts per can.

Prefer fondue myself. But then I don't have bodily functions.

franc11s Dec 24th 2005 2:02 pm

wife puts malt vinegar on her Beanz on toast, as does her sister.. Gross.. But yeah, some faves I like as a quick snack which you can get all of here in Atlanta now..

Beanz on toast,
Tin of Heinz Tom soup (or vegetable soup)
Heinz spag on toast

Warms to cockles....

TruBrit Dec 24th 2005 2:06 pm

Ohhh yeah good old Heinz baked beans with an extra dollop of ketchup in the pan...lol and no farts with me coz I'm all woman... :D

Eskimo Dec 24th 2005 9:15 pm

yes

snorkmaiden Dec 24th 2005 9:50 pm

I like my beans on toast with cheese on top, stuck under the grill so the cheese goes all bubbly and I have to have a pint pot of tea to go with it, yummy :D

Pimpbot Dec 24th 2005 11:23 pm

I once lost 20 plus pounds on the baked bean diet. I wouldn't recommend it though, as by the end of it I could have given the space shuttle a run for it's money on natural gas propulsion.

NC Penguin Dec 25th 2005 12:24 am

You must love your own company... :p

NC Penguin

Maggs Dec 25th 2005 12:27 am

I like my beans cold! :scared: Everyone in my family think I'm mad but I've eaten them cold since I was a kid! Nothing better that a tin of beans, a can opener and a spoon!! :D

Maggs

USBound Dec 25th 2005 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Maggs
I like my beans cold! :scared: Everyone in my family think I'm mad but I've eaten them cold since I was a kid! Nothing better that a tin of beans, a can opener and a spoon!! :D

Maggs

yeah you're strange... very strange.

tony126 Dec 25th 2005 2:09 am

Had it for dinner on Thursday. I always like to put a dollop of Daddies sauce on mine.

Lord Lionheart Dec 25th 2005 4:15 am

If BOT is the best meal ever WTF do you usually eat? Pig swill over couscous :confused:

Bob Dec 26th 2005 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I like my beans on toast with cheese on top, stuck under the grill so the cheese goes all bubbly and I have to have a pint pot of tea to go with it, yummy :D

hmmmm....peanut butter or marmite on the cheese are lovely too... :D

Partystar Dec 26th 2005 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden

That's what we do too, minus the pint pot of tea, although that does sounds
great, I just need to find a huge mug, but I'm sure there's one around here somewhere!

Partystar Dec 26th 2005 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
hmmmm....peanut butter or marmite on the cheese are lovely too... :D

You should try toast with Vegemite (or Marmite), then sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top...mmmm lovely!