Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bbc Radio One

Bbc Radio One

Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

debbie#1 will become famous soon enoughdebbie#1 will become famous soon enough
Default Bbc Radio One

If any of you have Sirius Radio / Satellite they are now broadcasting BBC Radio One between. I found it the other day whilst searching the channels - boy was it great to listen to those English accents again.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bbc Radio One

Originally Posted by debbie#1
If any of you have Sirius Radio / Satellite they are now broadcasting BBC Radio One between. I found it the other day whilst searching the channels - boy was it great to listen to those English accents again.
Yeah - they've been doing so for a while (I think since September). It's unnerving, as it's lifted straight from the days broadcast in the UK, including news and promos, just timeshifted 5 hours. If I was back in the UK, I might be too old to listen to R1, but not here...
Just wish they had the rights to the World Cup as well as the Premiership (don't really want to go and pick up an XM unit next summer...)
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's great.....I listen in the car in the mornings.

Originally Posted by dinosaur
Yeah - they've been doing so for a while (I think since September). It's unnerving, as it's lifted straight from the days broadcast in the UK, including news and promos, just timeshifted 5 hours. If I was back in the UK, I might be too old to listen to R1, but not here...
Just wish they had the rights to the World Cup as well as the Premiership (don't really want to go and pick up an XM unit next summer...)
Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:00 am
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Bbc Radio One

Originally Posted by debbie#1
yeah i listen to it on the way to work - cant beat moyles in the morning

its time delayed to co incide with the eat coast, im on the west so im 3 hrs behind, not the end of the world though - still get to listen to car park catchphrase in the mornins, tempted 1 day to call in to play (get up real early) - then i could listen to myself on the radio 3 hrs later

Ant
Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by antjen
yeah i listen to it on the way to work - cant beat moyles in the morning

its time delayed to co incide with the eat coast, im on the west so im 3 hrs behind, not the end of the world though - still get to listen to car park catchphrase in the mornins, tempted 1 day to call in to play (get up real early) - then i could listen to myself on the radio 3 hrs later

Ant
Radio 5, and they would have my money.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 2:01 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boiler
Radio 5, and they would have my money.
Yup, same for me. Moyles is a egotistic moron. A modern day Chris Evans, without the humour. IMHO
Old Nov 15th 2005, 2:31 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Yup, same for me. Moyles is a egotistic moron. A modern day Chris Evans, without the humour. IMHO
each to their own

Ant
Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antjen
each to their own

Ant
Moyles does a great weekly podcast.. its worth subscribing through itunes
Its the weeks best bits rolled into 30 mins.
Also if you go to the radio 1 website, you can listen to any of th eweeks shows in full whenever you like. the website even lets you skip through it 5 mins and 15 mins at a time.
Great way to get the show without having to pay for sirius! (although sirius is definately worth getting just for howard stern!)
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:00 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
Agreed he's an an extremely over-rated, fat mouthpiece, but his show is still funny despite that.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Agreed he's an an extremely over-rated, fat mouthpiece, but his show is still funny despite that.

OK - so for the next contradiction.............
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:11 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
OK - so for the next contradiction.............
How was that a contradiction ????
I reckon that i could sit in a studio with a group of my mates and generally rip the p*ss out of all sorts of people and things and it would be funny too.
That wouldn't make me an entertainment genius like some people reckon moyles is though, just someone messing about with his mates.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

How was that a contradiction ????
I reckon that i could sit in a studio with a group of my mates and generally rip the p*ss out of all sorts of people and things and it would be funny too.
That wouldn't make me an entertainment genius like some people reckon moyles is though, just someone messing about with his mates.

Guess he gets the last laugh then eh? Just that if he is such an over rated fat mouth piece why would you find him so funny?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:59 pm
Thinking about it

Guess he gets the last laugh then eh? Just that if he is such an over rated fat mouth piece why would you find him so funny?
Are you chris moyles himself or just his brother/dad/cousin ??

My point is that people seem to think he does something new, exciting, innovative, difficult or sensational.
He does none of these things imo, but none of them have any bearing on how funny his show is much in the same way that some people (though not me personally) find 'you've been framed' funny, yet i don't see it receiving any awards.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Are you chris moyles himself or just his brother/dad/cousin ??

My point is that people seem to think he does something new, exciting, innovative, difficult or sensational.
He does none of these things imo, but none of them have any bearing on how funny his show is much in the same way that some people (though not me personally) find 'you've been framed' funny, yet i don't see it receiving any awards.

No - I'm Comedy Dave, underated side kick

I agree - he is just your typical shock jock - personally i think he does it very well, but there you go!
Old Nov 16th 2005, 2:14 am
Just me!

No - I'm Comedy Dave, underated side kick

I agree - he is just your typical shock jock - personally i think he does it very well, but there you go!
i wouldnt go as far as to class him as a shock jock, hes not that shocking/offensive - pretty conservative/clean - but funny all the same

Ant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.