Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BBC Radio abroad - possible restriction?

BBC Radio abroad - possible restriction?

Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Radio abroad - possible restriction?

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Hope so, Ray. How do you know ?
Read what you wrote .... bit of a typing error...
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Read what you wrote .... bit of a typing error...

Not too clearly expressed, I agree. Could do with a comma or two. Can't see a typing error. Must need some new specs!
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I've just noticed a message on a BBC site quoting an article in the LA Times which indicates that the BBC is considering restricting internet access to its radio broadcasts to people in the UK.

I presume you meant the US or foreign shores ...
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
I've just noticed a message on a BBC site quoting an article in the LA Times which indicates that the BBC is considering restricting internet access to its radio broadcasts to people in the UK.

I presume you meant the US or foreign shores ...

Erm.....I meant "restricting coverage to the UK" I think but as it will be on the web anyway, I called it access- Yep - badly expressed. I shall go to the bottom of the class.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:40 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Erm.....I meant "restricting coverage to the UK" I think but as it will be on the web anyway, I called it access- Yep - badly expressed. I shall go to the bottom of the class.
You said "restricting access... to people in the UK" meaning only people in the UK will be able to access it, right?

Assuming that's what was meant, it was perfectly grammatically correct.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:48 pm
Ray

My apologies ..I read the LA times report and I read it as they were restricting access to the foreigners as the british licence payer paid for the service ..I expect I read it wrong .. but then why would you restrict internet access to people who have just to turn on their radio to receive it...
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:49 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Still would be nice to allow those of us outside the UK to subscribe to online streams for a fee without having to bother with a proxy.

I wonder if there are any numbers on listeners outside the UK -- where they are located, how many, etc.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:50 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Wintersong
You said "restricting access... to people in the UK" meaning only people in the UK will be able to access it, right?
Thank you Wintersong ...you have made the explanation easier ...
Its not been a good day ...
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

Assuming that's what was meant, it was perfectly grammatically correct.

Thanks wintersong!. It was clear to me, but I can see that it does look a little confusing.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:51 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Thank you Wintersong ...you have made the explanation easier ...
Its not been a good day ...
If there's any way I can make it better, just let me know.

Massage? Delivery of 1,000,000 dead squirrels to your doorstep?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:54 pm
Ray

If there's any way I can make it better, just let me know.
Massage? Delivery of 1,000,000 dead squirrels to your doorstep?
Now I have a ache from laughing.......
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:56 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Ray
Now I have a ache from laughing.......
It's the thought of the massage that did it, right?

I'll get me coat
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:06 pm
Ray

It's the thought of the massage that did it, right?
I'll get me coat
Could you get her before the wife gets home ..she is not an understanding women ..
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:10 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Ray
Could you get her before the wife gets home ..she is not an understanding women ..

I'm on a plane as we speak. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me past security with the squirrel carcasses... something about "health risk"... but I've got the massage oil safe and sound.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:19 pm
Ray

I'm on a plane as we speak. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me past security with the squirrel carcasses... something about "health risk"... but I've got the massage oil safe and sound.
Ok I will hide you in the woods overnight.. are you ok with snakes ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.