Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BBC America - USC viewers?

BBC America - USC viewers?

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC America - USC viewers?

Originally Posted by Taffyles
The rest of the time we watch "Between the Lines"...courtesy of UKNova...Brilliant!
We're UKNova members too.....its even better since we've started burning the shows to DVD and watch them on our regular telly.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
What's UKNova Where do you get it? (We have Direct TV satellite...)
http://www.uknova.com/

It's a bit torrent tracker...you download the torrent file of a show or whatever, and your bit torrent client program then downloads the file....Nova's a good source for Brit shows, but it's an arse to register as they have limited membership, but always worth trying as people that have low ratio's or not been in ages get deleted.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
What's UKNova Where do you get it? (We have Direct TV satellite...)
Its online....you find shows you want to watch and then download them.....although its a bit trickier than that I think. I'm not sure they are taking anymore memberships though.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
We're UKNova members too.....its even better since we've started burning the shows to DVD and watch them on our regular telly.

yep I do the same for progs that hubby wants to see as well as me- I bought a cheapie Divx (play anything) player which makes things even easier.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Its online....you find shows you want to watch and then download them.....although its a bit trickier than that I think. I'm not sure they are taking anymore memberships though.
If you can't get on UKnova- go to couchtracker.com..they have EE, Corrie, the Bill and other soaps and some comedy shows. But as Bob says keep trying UKNova - they have so much more.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's great! Last night we watched an episode of Grand Designs (a few months old only because hubs hadn't got around to downloading it) and a few episodes of Have I Got News For You. Makes watching telly so much more interesting.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point

BBCA used to be pretty good when we first had it added to our cable line up...TOTP, Jools Holland, Match of the Day and up to date Eastenders but now apart from Alan Partridge on Saturday nights and the odd murder mystery on Mondays its a waste of time. Thank **** for UK Nova. Its definitely worth trying to register every now and then as they have a huge selection of stuff. Just finished watching the first series of Between the Lines, just as good as I remembered it.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 6:31 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

The Beeb is starting a new system where for 7 days after a prog has aired you can download it in its entirty. Now they are trying to come up with a way that this can only be done by licence holders in the UK but I'm sure people will find a way round it.

I'll see if I can dig up the link.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 6:33 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/Articl...reshold0.phtml
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 6:34 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by Taffyles
But as Bob says keep trying UKNova - they have so much more.
I used to know a back door in. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll try and get it.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gloria
BBCA used to be pretty good when we first had it added to our cable line up...TOTP, Jools Holland, Match of the Day and up to date Eastenders but now apart from Alan Partridge on Saturday nights and the odd murder mystery on Mondays its a waste of time. Thank **** for UK Nova. Its definitely worth trying to register every now and then as they have a huge selection of stuff. Just finished watching the first series of Between the Lines, just as good as I remembered it.

we were over here when Between the Lines was first screened in UK, so its a real treat for us- can't wait for the next two series.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 7:28 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
http://www.uknova.com/

It's a bit torrent tracker...you download the torrent file of a show or whatever, and your bit torrent client program then downloads the file....Nova's a good source for Brit shows, but it's an arse to register as they have limited membership, but always worth trying as people that have low ratio's or not been in ages get deleted.
Thanks, Bob - tried to karma you but "the system" won't let me...
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:47 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ScotsmanInTexas
Ah so you are the viewer who watches The Office! Nice to meet you at last! I've never got into that show at all. I don't find that show funny at all and all I ever watch is comedy! I remember the time it won a comedy prize in the states, I was in the UK at the time and everyone I knew was going around scratching their heads and asking what it was anyway and how come they'd never heard of it. Did it take off even after that? No! Still if it's got a viewer in you then great.

I'm talking about the UK version of The Office, not the US version. Still, different strokes for different folks I guess!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:02 pm
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DDL
I'm talking about the UK version of The Office, not the US version. Still, different strokes for different folks I guess!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Fruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really niceFruit & Veg is just really nice

Is there nothing that can be done to improve the line up of BBC America? It really is awful. When the London Bombings happened, BBC America was replaced with BBC World for the uptodate news coverage - this also showed that BBC World is miles better.

I would pay for BBC World, or pay the UK licence fee for BBC1, 2 et all. Now they have that digital box it probably is technically possible...somehow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.