Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BBC America TV Schedule for Saturday

BBC America TV Schedule for Saturday

Old Oct 4th 2003, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down BBC America TV Schedule for Saturday

Here it is straight off the press (so to speak) the TV schedule for Saturday 4th October 2003 from now till Midnight - No EE but a lot of reeeeeeepppppeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaatttttttttttssssssss ...

12:00 am Office, The - Episode 1
12:40 am Office, The - Episode 2
1:20 am Office, The - Episode 3
2:00 am At Home With the Braithwaites - Episode 5
3:00 am So Graham Norton - Heath Ledger
3:30 am So Graham Norton - Joan Collins
4:00 am Office, The - Episode 1
4:40 am Office, The - Episode 2
5:20 am Office, The - Episode 3
6:00 am BBC World News
6:30 am Talking Movies - October 4 - 9, 2003
7:00 am What Not to Wear - Delia
7:30 am Ground Force - Sanderstead
8:00 am Cash in the Attic - Sharples
8:30 am House Invaders - Episode 30
9:00 am Changing Rooms - Cardington
9:30 am Changing Rooms - Bolton
10:00 am What Not to Wear - Sandie
10:30 am Ground Force - The Italian Job
11:00 am Cash in the Attic - Lovell
11:30 am House Invaders - Stratford
12:00 pm Changing Rooms - Huddersfield
12:30 pm Changing Rooms - Elstree
1:00 pm At Home With the Braithwaites - Episode 5
2:00 pm Monarch of the Glen - Episode 5
3:00 pm Cash in the Attic - Ogden White
3:30 pm Cash in the Attic - Hinton
4:00 pm Ground Force - Nantwich
4:30 pm House Invaders - Episode 30
5:00 pm Changing Rooms - Huddersfield
5:30 pm What Not to Wear - Lucy
6:00 pm Keeping Up Appearances - Episode 7
6:40 pm My Hero - Episode 6
7:20 pm Keeping Up Appearances - Episode 8
8:00 pm Rebus - Dead Souls
10:00 pm Tipping the Velvet - Part 1
11:00 pm So Graham Norton - Susan Sarandon & Goldie Hawn
11:30 pm So Graham Norton - Kim Catrall

Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

no hardship, not watching that lot LOL.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

When if ever will they show Eurotrash over there ? Would blow the minds of a US audience lol

NO EE whooopppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

( Sorry Taffyles, bu I really really really do hate that show lol )
Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC America TV Schedule for Saturday

Originally posted by ArsNo2
Here it is straight off the press (so to speak) the TV schedule for Saturday 4th October 2003 from now till Midnight - No EE but a lot of reeeeeeepppppeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaatttttttttttssssssss ...

12:00 am Office, The - Episode 1
12:40 am Office, The - Episode 2
1:20 am Office, The - Episode 3
2:00 am At Home With the Braithwaites - Episode 5
3:00 am So Graham Norton - Heath Ledger
3:30 am So Graham Norton - Joan Collins
4:00 am Office, The - Episode 1
4:40 am Office, The - Episode 2
5:20 am Office, The - Episode 3
6:00 am BBC World News
6:30 am Talking Movies - October 4 - 9, 2003
7:00 am What Not to Wear - Delia
7:30 am Ground Force - Sanderstead
8:00 am Cash in the Attic - Sharples
8:30 am House Invaders - Episode 30
9:00 am Changing Rooms - Cardington
9:30 am Changing Rooms - Bolton
10:00 am What Not to Wear - Sandie
10:30 am Ground Force - The Italian Job
11:00 am Cash in the Attic - Lovell
11:30 am House Invaders - Stratford
12:00 pm Changing Rooms - Huddersfield
12:30 pm Changing Rooms - Elstree
1:00 pm At Home With the Braithwaites - Episode 5
2:00 pm Monarch of the Glen - Episode 5
3:00 pm Cash in the Attic - Ogden White
3:30 pm Cash in the Attic - Hinton
4:00 pm Ground Force - Nantwich
4:30 pm House Invaders - Episode 30
5:00 pm Changing Rooms - Huddersfield
5:30 pm What Not to Wear - Lucy
6:00 pm Keeping Up Appearances - Episode 7
6:40 pm My Hero - Episode 6
7:20 pm Keeping Up Appearances - Episode 8
8:00 pm Rebus - Dead Souls
10:00 pm Tipping the Velvet - Part 1
11:00 pm So Graham Norton - Susan Sarandon & Goldie Hawn
11:30 pm So Graham Norton - Kim Catrall

6:00 am BBC World News -- Live from London

That's all I'll be tuning in for.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

No probs Dr Scrumpy- I never watched it when I was in UK either- LOL.

BBCA has gone down so much. especially since David bernath has been in charge, as they dump all the good programmes and just run repeats- they've even cut Parkinson in half! And they were all old repeats anyway. Cutting EE was just the final straw for many of us.

BBC Canada is so much better - they get Only Fools and Horses for a start! I've looked around and it seems that BBCA has the worst TV schedule of them all- and the one with the most money probably.

There's a petition up now for cable companies etc to carry BBC Canada instead, in the same way we lobbied for them to carry BBCA years ago.

This fuss wouldn't have been half as bad if hadn't been for the way BBCA has treated their viewers since they axed the show- atrocious is the only word.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for new stuff.

Last edited by Taffyles; Oct 4th 2003 at 8:07 am.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Is Jamie Oliver on BBCA ? Would never eat anything that scruffy slob cooked & anyway some of us really do get naked when we cook ! LOL
Old Oct 4th 2003, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sick of watching G Norton!. and why the hell cant they put the news on at a better time. Do they honestly believe that the average expat is really missing Alan Titchmarsh and Charlie Dimmocks norks so much that they must repeat every show all damn week? My wife watches on saturday mornings and thats the only time BBCA is on our TV.
Old Oct 4th 2003, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Taffyles
No probs Dr Scrumpy- I never watched it when I was in UK either- LOL.

BBCA has gone down so much. especially since David bernath has been in charge, as they dump all the good programmes and just run repeats- they've even cut Parkinson in half! And they were all old repeats anyway. Cutting EE was just the final straw for many of us.

BBC Canada is so much better - they get Only Fools and Horses for a start! I've looked around and it seems that BBCA has the worst TV schedule of them all- and the one with the most money probably.

There's a petition up now for cable companies etc to carry BBC Canada instead, in the same way we lobbied for them to carry BBCA years ago.

This fuss wouldn't have been half as bad if hadn't been for the way BBCA has treated their viewers since they axed the show- atrocious is the only word.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for new stuff.
Where's the petition for BBC Canada located please - oops I'll do it later - Hubby is waiting to go out and as I have been plagueing BBCA (now chucked off) and posting info at different sites etc. - i'd better comply - poor dear has been waiting last 3 hours.....
Will check back on this site later - byeeee
Old Oct 4th 2003, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

smiler125 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am moving over to the USA in January
The BBC America channel looks really disappointing
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by ArsNo2
Where's the petition for BBC Canada located please - oops I'll do it later - Hubby is waiting to go out and as I have been plagueing BBCA (now chucked off) and posting info at different sites etc. - i'd better comply - poor dear has been waiting last 3 hours.....
Will check back on this site later - byeeee

Thar you go:

http://www.petitiononline.com/bbcc/petition.html

Hope you had a good night out
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Is Jamie Oliver on BBCA ? Would never eat anything that scruffy slob cooked & anyway some of us really do get naked when we cook ! LOL

Not when frying eggs I hope. No he's not on there- I think I saw him on the BBCCanada schedule though.

Well here's what you can expect on the BBCA at the moment-

40 hours of Changing Rooms
25 hours of Ground Force
30 hours of House Invaders
7 hours of Cash in The Attic
4 hours of Bargain Hunt
15 hours of What Not to Wear
5 hours of Homefront in The Garden
1 hour of Charlies Garden Army
25 hours of Graham Norton

Only 3 hours of new drama

Do you see now what we're shouting about (its not just EE)

You have to go to A & E for one of the best Beeb progs- MI5
Old Oct 5th 2003, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I'm sick of watching G Norton!. and why the hell cant they put the news on at a better time. Do they honestly believe that the average expat is really missing Alan Titchmarsh and Charlie Dimmocks norks so much that they must repeat every show all damn week? My wife watches on saturday mornings and thats the only time BBCA is on our TV.

I don't feel that they are catering to expats at all. They are catering to an American audience because they want to capture the wider demographic since it is on everybody's cable box. They really want to present programs that Americans will watch like gardening, acceptable British comedy, changing rooms, coupling, world news etc. I don't think much meets with their approval and they are afraid that anything else they present is not up to snuff.
Old Oct 5th 2003, 1:12 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

At Home with the Brathwaites is such a amazingly good show. They need to stop recycling GroundForce and Graham Norton, and get some Reeves and Mortimer, and more varied programming going.