Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BBC America Boss !!

BBC America Boss !!

Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:06 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC America Boss !!

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Read a book.
Prefer books to the stuff TV Execs think are quality TV programs. America's obsession with reality (although fake) TV shows is unhealthy.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:31 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to tie him to a chair and beat him until he takes off Footballers Wives, Hollyoaks, Cash in the attic and frigging Changing Rooms

considering he has the pick of more than 3 channels from the UK I cant believe the trash they pick.

At least they show Waking the Dead, Graham Norton, Murphys Law and a couple of other decent things
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares, really? I stopped trying to watch BBCA about 4 years ago, the ratio of programming to advertising makes it unwatchable, not that there really was anything worthwhile watching in the first place. I get all my programs on the torrents now, and watch very little TV. I am currently enjoying series 7 of Grand Designs, IMHO one of the best programs C4 has produced in the last few years. The Tuscany Castle was magic, as was the Ely eco building.

- Tim
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:24 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
Who cares, really? I stopped trying to watch BBCA about 4 years ago, the ratio of programming to advertising makes it unwatchable, not that there really was anything worthwhile watching in the first place. I get all my programs on the torrents now, and watch very little TV. I am currently enjoying series 7 of Grand Designs, IMHO one of the best programs C4 has produced in the last few years. The Tuscany Castle was magic, as was the Ely eco building.

- Tim
Yes, Torrents can be the way to go for many things. Just watched the whole of Series 4 of Peep Show (absolutely hilarious!) and am starting on Series 2 of Life on Mars.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:31 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
"...you knobber!!"
Actually, it was "...you mother"

< Puts pedant tin hat on >
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Reddman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonrob
Yes, Torrents can be the way to go for many things. Just watched the whole of Series 4 of Peep Show (absolutely hilarious!) and am starting on Series 2 of Life on Mars.
Peep Show is a very funny show. I also enjoyed the first series of Life on Mars. What is Torrents?

"Back of the net"
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:16 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Actually, it was "...you mother"

< Puts pedant tin hat on >
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:48 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reddman
Peep Show is a very funny show. I also enjoyed the first series of Life on Mars. What is Torrents?

"Back of the net"
I'll start with disclaimer that I'm not particulary technically-minded and struggle with things like this. Having read about using something called bit torrents - a kind of file sharing - in The Lab I finally tried my hand at downloading some shows with great success.

Have a rummage around in The Lab and you'll find a whole bunch of threads on the subject. Fellow MA resident Bob is also a good source of info on this if you have any questions! (Hope he doesn't mind me name-checking him in this respect!)
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

While I'd love to ask for re-runs of some great comedies that haven't yet been mentioned - Teachers, Peep Show...
they were showing those shows a while back...didn't stay for long though...
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Have a rummage around in The Lab and you'll find a whole bunch of threads on the subject. Fellow MA resident Bob is also a good source of info on this if you have any questions! (Hope he doesn't mind me name-checking him in this respect!)
I don't mind helping out, but would suggest reading through the lab, as i've gone over it a few times, and really don't have all that much spare time during the day, for a few weeks at least
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:05 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Bob
I don't mind helping out, but would suggest reading through the lab, as i've gone over it a few times, and really don't have all that much spare time during the day, for a few weeks at least
I'm sorry - I know there is a huge amount of info and shared experience on this in The Lab. Also if Reddman wants advice from someone who struggled themselves then I'll be happy to assist.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:08 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Bob
they were showing those shows a while back...didn't stay for long though...
Yes - true. Caused me to order the Peep Show box set on DVD from Amazon, and tried hard to ration it but ended up watching the whole lot in a week!

There was talk of an American version of Peep Show (shudder....)
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:06 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

BBCA should be showing Peep Show Series 3 in the not too distant future. They've already shown the first two.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:16 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
BBCA should be showing Peep Show Series 3 in the not too distant future. They've already shown the first two.
Already got to see it on DVD, but should be mandatory viewing for all BEs!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:12 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Already got to see it on DVD, but should be mandatory viewing for all BEs!

I love Peep Show, making my way through series 2 thanks to Torrents. Still trying to get the image of Jeremy remembering what the ' very bad' thing he did was on Series 1 after doing drugs with Super Hans
Also Still Game is a current favorite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.