BBC America

Old Aug 21st 2004, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BBC America

Haven't watched that cr@ppy channel since they axed EastEnders last year.... The same shows are repeated over and over all day, waste of time. The only reason I have it is because it comes in a package deal.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 4:04 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but have you seen that they now have "The Fast Show" but for some reason they are calling it "Brilliant" dunno why?
Also "The Kumars at no 42" is starting soon, thats pretty good.
I LOVE "Little Brittain"!!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2004, 4:25 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sick of turning the channel and seeing Ground Force, Changing Rooms, Cash In The Attic and all those other 'stick to the same formula' programs.

Oh me too, I've been bitching about this for years now. But at least I've caught some good AbFab reruns recently. I'll have to look out for The Fast Show, I loved that show.

Apparently DISH Network offers EastEnders but as we have DirecTV, it doesn't help me.

TRIO sometimes shows some good British telly.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 4:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bored-silly
Ah but have you seen that they now have "The Fast Show" but for some reason they are calling it "Brilliant" dunno why?
Also "The Kumars at no 42" is starting soon, thats pretty good.
I LOVE "Little Brittain"!!!!!
Aye...but they butcher the shows they bring over, like Graham Norton, edited all the decent bits, espcially bits that rip the americans and stuff...
but at least it isn't TLC which copies everything, badly, and with stupid names
Old Aug 21st 2004, 5:09 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sick of turning the channel and seeing Ground Force, Changing Rooms, Cash In The Attic and all those other 'stick to the same formula' programs.

Oh me too, I've been bitching about this for years now. But at least I've caught some good AbFab reruns recently. I'll have to look out for The Fast Show, I loved that show.

Apparently DISH Network offers EastEnders but as we have DirecTV, it doesn't help me.

TRIO sometimes shows some good British telly.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 5:20 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

One very kind expat on this site said that he watches Channel 4 programmes on his computer. I had never thought of doing this before, but last week I went to:

http://www.channel4.co.uk/broadband and downloaded Realplayer.

Please note: You have to state that you're resident in the UK on the country drop-down menu - it won't work if you put in an overseas address, I guess due to contractual licenses. We just typed in our old UK address and phone number.

I had a brilliant time watching the UK version of 'Wife Swap' and....'Eurotrash'! You can see lots of Channel 4 productions, including the C4 news.

You get the first 14 days free of charge, so it's worth having a look (can't remember how much it is after the 14 day trial, but I might continue with it).

Wish I could watch Coronation Street though....I'm jealous of the expats in Canada or near the border who get to watch it....

Last edited by Englishmum; Aug 21st 2004 at 5:25 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 5:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Wish I could watch Coronation Street though....I'm jealous of the expats in Canada or near the border who get to watch it....
We get that channel that shows Corrie, but it's on really random weird times...
ButI prefered the cheese of Neighbours and Home & Away myself
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 1:55 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping a channel like A&E or USA picks up the new series of Doctor Who, or (in ideal work) HBO or Showtime. I really hope BBCA doesn't pick up the show, they'll make in unwatchable.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 1:56 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
I'm hoping a channel like A&E or USA picks up the new series of Doctor Who, or (in ideal work) HBO or Showtime. I really hope BBCA doesn't pick up the show, they'll make in unwatchable.
With you up to the first comma - I don't get any of the other channels you mention.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 2:51 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

Nighty Night on Oxygen Channel on Friday nights at 11pm starring Angus deayton is absolutely brilliant and very funny