BBC America

Old Aug 11th 2004, 10:16 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future
Default BBC America

I have recently got cable since moving (its been nice to watch the Daily Show v.funny). Had a look at BBC America and it seems to be mostly tat. Who the hell watched my Hero in the UK? Keeping up appearances god dont get me started on the class based mocking at the heart of that awful show.

Anyhow whilst browsing the BBC America website i noticed the page for requesting shows be added to the line up. Maybe we should all club together to make requests and try to improve the line up. I can live in hope.

Heres the web address:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/about/cont...suggestion.jsp

Personally I posted for more UK news. I would love it if they just showed the daily broadcast of Newsnight or something over here. I miss Paxman i can tell you. Anyone agrees with me send them a message and lets all nag for Britain!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:00 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC America

Originally Posted by Duncs
I have recently got cable since moving (its been nice to watch the Daily Show v.funny). Had a look at BBC America and it seems to be mostly tat. Who the hell watched my Hero in the UK? Keeping up appearances god dont get me started on the class based mocking at the heart of that awful show.

Anyhow whilst browsing the BBC America website i noticed the page for requesting shows be added to the line up. Maybe we should all club together to make requests and try to improve the line up. I can live in hope.

Heres the web address:

Personally I posted for more UK news. I would love it if they just showed the daily broadcast of Newsnight or something over here. I miss Paxman i can tell you. Anyone agrees with me send them a message and lets all nag for Britain!

I think one of the channels on cable shows the ITV news....i would love BBC America to quit playing all the pish that they have on. As you said, most of it isn't even popular in the UK. If they want to re-run old shows, they should play Room 101, Vic and Bob, Nevermind The Buzzcocks, or even newer shows like Bo Selecta.

I'm sick of turning the channel and seeing Ground Force, Changing Rooms, Cash In The Attic and all those other 'stick to the same formula' programs.

I'm heading over to the suggestions board now...
Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:52 am
Brit'n'TX

Heres the web address:

unfortunately, much as we would like to think it is ... BBC America isn't meant for us ex-pats, but what the TV bosses think the American viewing public want, based on their vision of the "eccentric" brits ...

if it was meant for us you'd be able to watch the likes of "Only fools and horses", "open all hours" etc as far as comedy goes and some decent dramas and films ...

certainly in Texas, the better British progs are on A&E and the PBS channels ..

I was pleasantly surprised to see Vic and Bob in the remakes of Randall & Hopkirk though ... but WTF is that "trailer park boys" (a Canadian production!!) all about?

Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:26 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

News World International shows ITV nightly news at 6:30pm EST.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:17 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

I submitted a vote for Have I Got News For You
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:34 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

BBC America is owned by Discovery Channel. I have it and never watch it, there's simply nothing decent on there. I get two PBS channels, one from New Hampshire and one from Boston. Both have fairly decent Brit shows but nothing really juicy.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:36 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Nxylas. I just saw that you're in Hilton Head, one of my most fav places in the US. Mum and dad have a place on Sea Pines. Were it not for the hubby never wanting to leave Boston, I'd be there in a heart beat.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Heres the web address:

I wish they would bloody show TopGear!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:36 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute

Top Gear download site

http://gear.viper007bond.com/downloads.php
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:10 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: BBC America

I had heard and it's been discussed on this very forum about the lack of quality shows being broadcast on BBC America. I don't feel I would get much pleasure from subscribing to this cable station so I haven't bothered.

<<snip>>

You may want to check both your CSPAN channels. One of the ones in my area does broadcast Newsnight though I believe it's on at an unearthly hour.

Also, how about a head to head with Paxman and Bill O'Reilly? Could you picture this? I'd pay money to watch this live!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't waste your time requesting progs from BBCA- they only pay for cheap stuff they can repeat endlessly and make more profit and they don't give a toss what the viewers really want. Thousands of us have been lobbying the BBC to scrap BBCA altogether or rather sever all ties with Discovery/BBCA and give us BBC1 and 2 on subscription via the internet. Would supplement the British license fee and stop BBCA ruining the reputation of the real BBC.
It's a shame really- when it first started it was good and had a lot of promise but when the old director left and this new plonker took over all the good stuff got dropped.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffyles
I wouldn't waste your time requesting progs from BBCA- they only pay for cheap stuff they can repeat endlessly and make more profit and they don't give a toss what the viewers really want.
Ditto to that...remember all the petitions to have them continue East Enders?
that was a waste of time... they don't really care what people want.

Any one watch Little Britian? I know it is a stupid series but I am drawn to watching it.

Ash
Old Aug 12th 2004, 6:40 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up on BBCA a long time ago, and at this point the only thing that would make me get it again is if they cut back on the home improvement shows, and start playing Only Fools & Horses.
I'm not anticipating this happening anytime soon.

Daniel
Old Aug 12th 2004, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

BBCA, like other US cable channels, is out to attract the maximum number of viewers between 18 and 54. That's the bottom line. It wouldn't surprise me if some day they started blending in non-U.K. shows (which I guess they already have with the Canadian-produced Trailer Parks Boys). Celebrity poker tournaments and motorcycle shop reality shows may be the next step.
Well, there's always Netflicks.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Forget trying to get new progs, the guy running the show now at BBCA is a total asshole. We maybe watch it once a week. We are watching reruns from 4 years ago, totally pathetic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.