Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bat Mitzvahs

Bat Mitzvahs

Old May 24th 2011, 6:59 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bat Mitzvahs

we compile student directories every year. Parents are given the option to not be included.

I think the directory is name,address, phone numbers.

They can have all , some, or none of this info listed.

Then they are posted on the schools portal website, but parents still ask me for them, as looking themselves would be too much like hard work
Old May 24th 2011, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I also think this would be appropriate for a bar/bat mitzvah. [note -- I'm not talking amount but method].
Back in my day (umm... 1967), it was appropriate to plant a tree in Israel in honor of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah. I still have several certificates from (now) deceased family members.

Ian
Old May 25th 2011, 4:29 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Back in my day (umm... 1967), it was appropriate to plant a tree in Israel in honor of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah. I still have several certificates from (now) deceased family members.

Ian
Yeh, somewhere I have a multitude of certificates from 1963. I don't think land reclamation is the big issue these days. On my last trip, I remember visiting Rosh Pinna and nearby in the Huleh there is a nature preserve where they are restoring some of the swamps for environmental and ecological reasons.

Last edited by S Folinsky; May 25th 2011 at 4:33 pm.
Old May 26th 2011, 6:33 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
They did that when I was younger as well. We donated money when I was in hebrew school to plant trees in Israel. My Bat Mitzvah was a three day affair. Friday night services and a party at the temple afterwards. Afternoon services the next day and then a huge party for about 250after that. It was like a wedding.After that about 75 people back at the house that evening. A huge brunch at another restaurant the next day. It was more for my parents and grandparents to show off. I didn't even know most of the people there. We even had seperate rooms for the cocktail hour for the kids and adults. This was in 1980. My parents let me have $200 of the money I received and the rest was used to pay for college. I grew up in a mixed family and had a choice of weather or not I wanted a Bat Mitzvah. It sounds terrible but I really just wanted the party.

Last edited by penguinbar; May 26th 2011 at 6:33 pm. Reason: I meant whether not weather!