British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Bass music...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/bass-music-198654/)

RoB1833 Dec 27th 2003 9:33 pm

Bass music......

What the hell is it with people over here having to have the bass literally bouncing their homes and cars all over the place!

Whenever I hear these morons I feel like I'm getting a migraine. I like music and sometimes like to play it loud but the way it's done over here is just plain ridiculous.......

Makes me want to do an impression of Angus and axe up their stereos!!!! :mad:

ScousePete Dec 28th 2003 1:56 am

I once bought a job-lot of 100 cds on ebay, with the idea of selling them individually and making a killing.

They were all brand new, but the titles were a mystery.

When they arrived they were an assortment of gagsta' rap and Bass cds - just bass - 40 minutes of just bass. Who on earth would want to listen to 40 minutes of just bass?

Anyway, I ended up selling them in lots of 10 and made a small profit. Live and learn....

rogerpenycate Dec 30th 2003 4:24 pm

Re: Bass music......

Originally posted by RoB1833
What the hell is it with people over here having to have the bass literally bouncing their homes and cars all over the place!

Whenever I hear these morons I feel like I'm getting a migraine. I like music and sometimes like to play it loud but the way it's done over here is just plain ridiculous.......

Rob,
You obviously never lived anywhere near Brixton in London, :0)

NC Penguin Dec 30th 2003 4:43 pm

Originally posted by RoB1833

'Fraid it's probably a sign of our age. We're too old to appreciate (for use of a better word) bass music.

NC Penguin

Expat_Wannabe Dec 30th 2003 6:37 pm

Originally posted by NC Penguin
'Fraid it's probably a sign of our age. We're too old to appreciate (for use of a better word) bass music.

NC Penguin
Think NC Penguin might have hit the nail on the head there! You have to have the bass up loud to 'appreciate the music' or at least numb the senses!

RoB1833 Dec 31st 2003 12:20 am

Originally posted by NC Penguin

NC Penguin
You calling me old?? I'm very sprightly for my age! :D