British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Baseball (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/baseball-403292/)

Manc Oct 20th 2006 3:32 pm

Baseball

go on then.

redbirds or bengals?

Hiro11 Oct 20th 2006 3:41 pm

Re: Baseball

Not even a close one, the Tigers are going to absolutely stomp the Cards. Having 4 pitchers under 25 who can all break 100MPH is a bit of an advantage.

Manc Oct 20th 2006 3:46 pm

3 years ago we lost 120 regular season games.

the city is going crazy.

dan_alford Oct 20th 2006 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
go on then.

redbirds or bengals?

This is a typical american two party vote system. Where is the "I don't care" option.

Manc Oct 20th 2006 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by dan_alford
This is a typical american two party vote system. Where is the "I don't care" option.

3rd post for the don't give a toss post........even I am impressed with it's early arrival Dan........

dan_alford Oct 20th 2006 3:52 pm

3rd post for the don't give a toss post........even I am impressed with it's early arrival Dan........

Had to be done old chap.

I don't follow baseball but I know that most people here in Memphis are backing the cardinals, mainly because Memphis is their feeder club.

ironporer Oct 20th 2006 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Not even a close one, the Tigers are going to absolutely stomp the Cards. Having 4 pitchers under 25 who can all break 100MPH is a bit of an advantage.

Especially with a week or more rest on their arms. I would like to see the Cards win, but they are tired...though maybe they might pull it out.

Worst to First in 2 years? Maybe.

anotherlimey Oct 20th 2006 3:57 pm

go on then.

redbirds or bengals?

Go METS....... :D

willmore Oct 20th 2006 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Go METS....... :D

PMSL - GO BLUEJAYS!

gardnma Oct 20th 2006 4:20 pm

go on then.

redbirds or bengals?

Er, could we have a vote for:

"couldn't give a flying fu(k, as the game is a crashing bore and little wonder no-one else plays it other than the Japs, Septics (and Canuks when the ground thaws enough)".

Or words to that effect. :D

Thank-you.

gruffbrown Oct 20th 2006 4:24 pm

Go Cubbies

ironporer Oct 20th 2006 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Go Cubbies

Ditto! Though I was a bit dismayed that Joe Girardi didn't get the job... we'll have to see what Pinella can do. :confused:

Manc Oct 20th 2006 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer
Ditto! Though I was a bit dismayed that Joe Girardi didn't get the job... we'll have to see what Pinella can do. :confused:

you think they'll get rid of Zambrano to get ARod?

ironporer Oct 20th 2006 4:43 pm

you think they'll get rid of Zambrano to get ARod?

Knowing the Flubbies, due to their recent injury history-they will trade Carey Woods and Mark Pryor tosome team for a broken down has-been, or never-will-be...and both will go on to win 30 games the next season.

Speaking of the Cubs- has anyone researched the most important statistic for the World Series? I am speaking of course of the "Ex Cub Factor"...the fact that the team with the most ex Cubs has lost the world series for 49 out of the last 50 years...

ironporer Oct 20th 2006 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer
Knowing the Flubbies, due to their recent injury history-they will trade Carey Woods and Mark Pryor tosome team for a broken down has-been, or never-will-be...and both will go on to win 30 games the next season.

Speaking of the Cubs- has anyone researched the most important statistic for the World Series? I am speaking of course of the "Ex Cub Factor"...the fact that the team with the most ex Cubs has lost the world series for 49 out of the last 50 years...

Asked and answered... and it does seem to be at least statistically confirmed:

SAN DIEGO PADRES (4): Manny Alexander, Mark Bellhorn, Todd Walker, Scott Williamson
LOS ANGELES DODGERS (4): Nomar Garciaparra, Kenny Lofton, Greg Maddux, Ramon Martinez
NEW YORK METS (3): Mike DeFelice, Michael Tucker, Steve Trachsel
NEW YORK YANKEES (2): Miguel Cairo, Kyle Farnsworth
MINNESOTA TWINS (2): Phil Nevin, Rondell White

DETROIT TIGERS (1): Neifi Perez
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS (1): Jose Vizcaino
OAKLAND A'S: NONE... the only flyer!