Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Banks and Addresses

Banks and Addresses

Old Jun 3rd 2015, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

WhyteBoar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Banks and Addresses

Hope some of you can offer an insight for me.

Having visited a branch of Barclays, a member of staff has claimed that the account holder's address can only be changed in person. Obviously, if an address is not yet known and the account holder moves overseas, that isn't going to be possible.

Has anyone been able to change their account address with Barclays from the USA. If so, what method did you use.

Many thanks.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 8:28 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banks and Addresses

Originally Posted by WhyteBoar
Hope some of you can offer an insight for me.

Having visited a branch of Barclays, a member of staff has claimed that the account holder's address can only be changed in person. Obviously, if an address is not yet known and the account holder moves overseas, that isn't going to be possible.
Absolute nonsense.

Has anyone been able to change their account address with Barclays from the USA. If so, what method did you use.
I phoned one of the Indians in Barclays' god-awful offshored call centre. Even though they spoke only broken English, they were at least able to adjust my address.
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

WhyteBoar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Banks and Addresses

Thank you, that's good to know. I was pretty certain it wouldn't be a problem to change it from here, but good to know others haven't had issues in the past.